Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet - Websphere ; "+targetURLStr);// we have a valid URL here response.sendRedirect(targetURLStr);// my doubts are on //this line because the request should not stay alive after redirecting , but //what is the alternative way .... IF im right }catch(Exception ex){ ex.printStackTrace(); request.getRequestDispatcher("/error.jsp").forward(request, response); } ...

  1. Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    "+targetURLStr);// we have a valid URL here

    response.sendRedirect(targetURLStr);// my doubts are on
    //this line because the request should not stay alive after redirecting , but
    //what is the alternative way .... IF im right

    }catch(Exception ex){
    ex.printStackTrace();

    request.getRequestDispatcher("/error.jsp").forward(request, response);
    }
    }

    whats wrong?
    Any help?

    Thanx

  2. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    is "TestParametersPortlet"

    the name of the portlet on the page or just the name of the portlet as set through the admin?

    the params will not be passed if the portlet window is not named correctly

  3. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    Pages).

    By the way, the Portlet is JSR-168 if this make any difference

  4. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    that way of naming the portlet will not work, you have to name the portlet window

    please see this technote
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21220164

  5. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    Dear Jim

    Thanks for your help and fast replies, because I really needed that.

    It worked now.

    But I didnt get it, why the xmlAccess for the Portlet? and why the provided name through Custom Unique Name didnt work with the Portlet, but it did work with the Page?

    Can you explain?

    Thank you anyway

  6. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    the reason for this is that params are scoped to a portlet instance. And the way to scope them yourself is to target the portlet instance on the page. Or the specific Portlet window.

    So when you export the portlet, give a unique name to the portlet window, you are then telling it specifically which portlet on the page to get the params. So if you had two of the same on the page you could conceivably have two separate links to the two separate portlets and neither would be able to see the params of the other

    Jim

  7. Re: Passing parameters to a Portlet from a Servlet

    Thanks Jim
    What a fast follow up you do!
    Iam impressed

    Its nice to deal with you