WebSphere 6.1.0.5 - Number of Live Sessions - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere 6.1.0.5 - Number of Live Sessions - Websphere ; Hi, I'm using WebSphere App Server 6.1.0.5 & we have a client program which kepps gather PMI data from the running server. When we look at the data related to number of live sessions, it never shows 0. It just ...

  1. WebSphere 6.1.0.5 - Number of Live Sessions

    Hi,
    I'm using WebSphere App Server 6.1.0.5 & we have a client program which kepps gather PMI data from the running server. When we look at the data related to number of live sessions, it never shows 0. It just keeps going up.
    I'm attaching a screen shot of the graph.

    We have a inactive timeout setting for session in web.xml & we never use setMaxInactiveInterval() to override that.

    Has anyone encountered similar issue ?
    Any help is appreciated.

    Regard
    Niraj Nath

  2. Re: WebSphere 6.1.0.5 - Number of Live Sessions

    If you have disabled the session timeout via the web.xml then the only way that sessions will be removed are if you explicitly invalidate them yourself. Try doing a session.invalidate() to remove them from memory. The live count is the number of sessions stored in memory.

+ Reply to Thread