display excel file in a portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on display excel file in a portlet - Websphere ; How can I display an excel file in a portlet? Do you suggest me to use the Excel Document Viewer portlet? In this case, where can I put the file? In the server file system or is there a method ...

  1. display excel file in a portlet

    How can I display an excel file in a portlet?
    Do you suggest me to use the Excel Document Viewer portlet?
    In this case, where can I put the file? In the server file system or is there a method to upload the xls file?
    In the other case, are there any alternative?

    thanks.

  2. Re: display excel file in a portlet

    Well the excel document viewer portlet is basically just an iframe, so when using it it expects the portlet to be on another webserver somewhere, or relative to the portal server.

    it also expects the browser to handle this with a plugin from office.

    if you want to display it inline you would need to use some document conversion or the PDM portlet