Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ? - Websphere ; A very general question - is there a Sun JDK (64 bit) for IBM PPC running Linux ? Or is using IBM JDK the only option ? -Kevin....

  1. Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ?

    A very general question - is there a Sun JDK (64 bit) for IBM PPC
    running Linux ? Or is using IBM JDK the only option ?

    -Kevin.

  2. Re: Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ?

    >A very general question - is there a Sun JDK (64 bit) for IBM PPC
    > running Linux ? Or is using IBM JDK the only option ?

    Using the JVM supplied with WebSphere is the only supported option.

    "
    The WebSphere-supplied Java 2 SDK is required for both the run time and any
    remote Java clients
    "
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27012417

  3. Re: Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ?

    My bad - I should have clarified earlier. The platform is PPC Linux
    but the Application Server is not WAS - its JBoss. I could not find
    any other forum to post this in, hence the post here.

    Thanks,
    -Kevin.

  4. Re: Sun JDK for PPC (Linux) ?

    > The platform is PPC Linux
    > but the Application Server is not WAS - its JBoss.

    It's not IBM who delivers a "Sun JDK", it's Sun.

    As you're asking to use a software from Sun on an platform from IBM, you
    should ask Sun.

    The answer is Sun doesn't deliver a JDK for Linux PPC
    (http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnote...gurations.html).

    Now, as you're asking for Java, most OS vendor deliver a JDK for their
    platform when Sun doesn't.

    And indeed, IBM delivers a JVM for Linux PPC, separately from WebSphere
    (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ja.../download.html).

+ Reply to Thread