Updating the Meta tags value in themes - Websphere

This is a discussion on Updating the Meta tags value in themes - Websphere ; Hi, I want to dynamically set the values of the meta tags in the portal page by calling some utility from themes. I dont want to use javascript or servlet response filter for that matter. Is there any other way ...

  1. Updating the Meta tags value in themes

    Hi,
    I want to dynamically set the values of the meta tags in the portal page by calling some utility from themes.
    I dont want to use javascript or servlet response filter for that matter. Is there any other way to update the meta tags from themes or from any where?

    The value of above meta tags CONTENT attribute has to be set dynamically for each page from themes/portlets.

    Please share ur thoughts.

  2. Re: Updating the Meta tags value in themes

    well what I would do is set the page parameters and use the MetaData Model spi and retrieve them in the theme for each page and you can set them to be what you want.

    The page parameters are set via the administer pages and in the edit page properties, you can then add params to the page.

    To retrieve them you use the meta data model spi

    code is on this page on how to access the metadata for a page
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...ngehausen.html