Portal 6.0 - Installation and directory structure question. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6.0 - Installation and directory structure question. - Websphere ; Hi Could someone shed some light on what is installed and where during the Portal 6.0 installation process ? I installed using the wizard, and from observing the installation, two sets of binaries are installed, by default under /AppServer and ...

  1. Portal 6.0 - Installation and directory structure question.

    Hi

    Could someone shed some light on what is installed and where during the Portal 6.0 installation process ?

    I installed using the wizard, and from observing the installation, two sets of binaries are installed, by default under /AppServer and /PortalServer. Only one profile is created, ws_profile, which lists server1 and WebSphere_Portal as servers. This goes against my understanding of WAS 6 in that only one set of binaries are installed, and multiple profiles for each server.

    Also, the installed apps folder under the profile bears on resemblance to the installed apps listed under /PortalServer/installableapps

    Any guidance or pointers towards some docs are much appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Portal 6.0 - Installation and directory structure question.

    Cancel that request. I've found an excellent resource here: http://www.webspherementor.com/resou...all-config.pdf

+ Reply to Thread