[WPS 6.1] Realm definition - Websphere

This is a discussion on [WPS 6.1] Realm definition - Websphere ; Hi, Is it possible (and recommanded) to define a realm with a group? With an example is more explicit, Can I create a realm with this 2 bases entries: - OU=UNIT-A,O=ORGANISATION2 - CN=UserGROUP,O=ORGANISATION1 Thanks by advance for any help/advise. Fabrice....

  1. [WPS 6.1] Realm definition

    Hi,

    Is it possible (and recommanded) to define a realm with a group?

    With an example is more explicit,
    Can I create a realm with this 2 bases entries:

    - OU=UNIT-A,O=ORGANISATION2
    - CN=UserGROUP,O=ORGANISATION1

    Thanks by advance for any help/advise.

    Fabrice.

  2. Re: [WPS 6.1] Realm definition

    More widely, is it possible to restrict the population of a realm to other than organization or organisation unit? Can we restrict to a group or users with a specific LDAP attributes?

    Regards,

    Fabrice.

  3. Re: [WPS 6.1] Realm definition

    Hi

    There is no restriction available.

    I guess you are referring to the defaults which only configure the Portal UserManagement Portlets to store users and Groups at this endpoint. With the PUMA API you can create Users and Groups at every endpoint.

  4. Re: [WPS 6.1] Realm definition

    I speak about realm definition in the wimconfig.xml, what can I set in participatingBaseEntries? :

    * *
    * *
    * *

  5. Re: [WPS 6.1] Realm definition

    participatingBaseEntries can include any baseentry which is defined at an LDAP repository or File or DB or Custom repository.

    The difference to 6.0 is the need to have them registered at an VMM repository prior to adding them to the Realm

+ Reply to Thread