SSO - Websphere

This is a discussion on SSO - Websphere ; We have two physical servers with SSO enabled. One server has WAS 6.1 installed and the other has WebSphere Process Server 6.02 installed. LTPA keys are the same on each server. We log into the WAS 6.1 application. This application ...

  1. SSO

    We have two physical servers with SSO enabled. One server has WAS 6.1 installed and the other has WebSphere Process Server 6.02 installed. LTPA keys are the same on each server. We log into the WAS 6.1 application. This application calls a servlet on the WPS server (this works fine). The WPS app then calls a servlet on WAS server and we get a HTTP 401 error (unless the user password is included in the call). I believe SSO is set up correctly as we have SSO enabled on other WAS servers which functions correctly.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Steve D

  2. Re: SSO

    drogosze@us.ibm.com wrote:
    > We have two physical servers with SSO enabled. One server has WAS 6.1
    > installed and the other has WebSphere Process Server 6.02 installed.
    > LTPA keys are the same on each server. We log into the WAS 6.1
    > application. This application calls a servlet on the WPS server (this
    > works fine). The WPS app then calls a servlet on WAS server and we
    > get a HTTP 401 error (unless the user password is included in the
    > call). I believe SSO is set up correctly as we have SSO enabled on
    > other WAS servers which functions correctly.

    What do you mean by "calls a servlet" ?

  3. Re: SSO

    On Oct 17, 3:48*pm, Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > drogo...@us.ibm.com wrote:
    > > We have two physical servers with SSO enabled. One server has WAS 6.1
    > > installed and the other has WebSphere Process Server 6.02 installed.
    > > LTPA keys are the same on each server. We log into the WAS 6.1
    > > application. This application calls a servlet on the WPS server (this
    > > works fine). The WPS app then calls a servlet on WAS server and we
    > > get a HTTP 401 error (unless the user password is included in the
    > > call). I believe SSO is set up correctly as we have SSO enabled on
    > > other WAS servers which functions correctly.

    > What do you mean by "calls a servlet" ?

    Paul,

    This is what is being done by the application:

    URL url = new URL(strURL.toString());
    url.openConnection();
    BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
    InputStreamReader(url.openStream()));

    which amounts to https://Servlet.wss?SESSION_ID=blabl...mail@gmail.com

    Sorry I'm not part of the development team.

    Steve D

+ Reply to Thread