How to restore portal backup on another machine -- urgent - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to restore portal backup on another machine -- urgent - Websphere ; Hello all, I want to restore portal 6.1 backup on another machine for testing purpose. Please tell me the steps or forward me a document link. Please reply me urgent. Thanks in advance....

  1. How to restore portal backup on another machine -- urgent

    Hello all,

    I want to restore portal 6.1 backup on another machine for testing purpose.
    Please tell me the steps or forward me a document link.

    Please reply me urgent.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to restore portal backup on another machine -- urgent

    Ahmed,

    If you are tarring up the WebSphere directory as backup procedure, then the best way is to restore the backup by untarring it on new servers with same node name and IP address.

    This will get all the Portal back to functional

    Regards,
    Afroz

+ Reply to Thread