Fancy URL configuration - Websphere

This is a discussion on Fancy URL configuration - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to configure a url which looks like www.abc.com for the users. Right now i have http://abc.com/wps/myportal/virtualportalname , and i am trying to make it look like http://abc.com . It should remain same eventhough i browse through ...

  1. Fancy URL configuration

    Hi,

    I am trying to configure a url which looks like www.abc.com for the users.
    Right now i have http://abc.com/wps/myportal/virtualportalname, and i am trying to make it look like http://abc.com. It should remain same eventhough i browse through the site, i mean it can append anything afrer abc.com but should get rid of wps/myportal/virtualportalname.
    Can any one please help me out with this. I am using Portal 6.1 and IHS 6.1.

    Thanks,
    Sam

  2. Re: Fancy URL configuration

    Hi,

    WebSphere Portal needs to write to the URL anyhow. So even if you would succeed in achieving your initial goal (by using url-rewriting module on IHS level), it would break later on.

    There is a quick and dirty way to achieve this:

    create an index.html on IHS and only put an i-frame on that page that holds the portal.

    This way your browser address doesn't change.

+ Reply to Thread