AppStartUp ClassNotFoundException - Websphere

This is a discussion on AppStartUp ClassNotFoundException - Websphere ; Hello. I have same problems with AppStartUp Bean on webSphere 6.1. During server start i'v recive folowing exception: {code} 0000001b EJBContainerI I WSVR0037I: Starting EJB jar: WebSphereStartUpBean.jar 0000001a VirtualHost I SRVE0250I: Web Module WebSphere Application Server has been bound to ...

  1. AppStartUp ClassNotFoundException

    Hello.
    I have same problems with AppStartUp Bean on webSphere 6.1. During server start i'v recive folowing exception:
    {code}
    0000001b EJBContainerI I WSVR0037I: Starting EJB jar: WebSphereStartUpBean.jar
    0000001a VirtualHost I SRVE0250I: Web Module WebSphere Application Server has been bound to admin_host[*:9060,*:9043].
    0000001b EJBContainerI I WSVR0038I: No JNDI name found for WebSphereStartUpBean, binding home name as AppStartUpHome
    0000001a ApplicationMg A WSVR0221I: Application started: isclite
    0000001b BeanMetaData E CNTR0075E: The user-provided class "com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.EJSStatelessWebSp hereStartUpBeanHomeBean_4678ea38" needed by the EnterpriseBean could not be found or loaded.
    0000001b EJBContainerI E WSVR0209E: Unable to start EJB jar WebSphereStartUpBean.jar [class com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedEJBModuleImpl], enterprise bean org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.internal.impl.SessionImpl (WebSphereStartUpBean) (transactionType: Container, sessionType: Stateless)
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.EJSStatelessWebSp hereStartUpBeanHomeBean_c4ee91cf
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java:472)
    at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadCla ss(CompoundClassLoader.java:373)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:5 61)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.BeanMetaData.loadExistedClas s(BeanMetaData.java:3763)
    at com.ibm.ejs.container.BeanMetaData. (BeanMetaData.java:1329)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.crea teBeanMetaData(EJBContainerImpl.java:1955)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.proc essBean(EJBContainerImpl.java:1762)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.inst all(EJBContainerImpl.java:2798)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.EJBContainerImpl.star t(EJBContainerImpl.java:3634)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st art(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:1295)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.fireDeployedObjectStart(DeployedApplicationImpl .java:1129)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl.st art(DeployedModuleImpl.java:567)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedApplicationIm pl.start(DeployedApplicationImpl.java:814)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl.st artApplication(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:948)
    at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ApplicationMgrImpl$Ap pInitializer.run(ApplicationMgrImpl.java:2114)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.runtime.component.WsComponentImpl$_A synchInitializer.run(WsComponentImpl.java:340)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:1498)
    {code}

    There is my code and descriptors:
    {code}

    AppStarter.java:

    public class AppStarter implements SessionBean
    {

    public void ejbCreate() throws CreateException
    {
    }

    public boolean start()
    {
    return false;
    }

    public void stop()
    {
    int a=10;
    }

    public void ejbActivate() throws EJBException
    {
    }

    public void ejbPassivate() throws EJBException
    {
    }

    public void ejbRemove() throws EJBException
    {
    }

    public void setSessionContext(SessionContext sessionContext) throws EJBException
    {
    }
    }

    AppStarterRemote.java:

    import com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.AppStartUp;

    public interface AppStarterRemote extends EJBObject, AppStartUp
    {
    }

    AppStarterHome.java:

    import com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.AppStartUpHome;

    public interface AppStarterHome extends AppStartUpHome, EJBHome
    {
    AppStarterRemote create() throws RemoteException, CreateException;
    }

    ejb-jar.xml:

    WebSphereStartUpBean
    WebSphereStartUpBean
    AppStarterHome
    AppStarterRemote
    AppStarter
    Stateless
    Container

    jdbc/Test
    javax.sql.DataSource
    Container

    {code}

    What i'm doing wrong? What could be a reason for a such exception?

  2. Re: AppStartUp ClassNotFoundException

    oartem@ngs.ru wrote:
    > Hello.
    > I have same problems with AppStartUp Bean on webSphere 6.1. During server start i'v recive folowing exception:
    > {code}
    > 0000001b EJBContainerI I WSVR0037I: Starting EJB jar: WebSphereStartUpBean.jar
    > 0000001a VirtualHost I SRVE0250I: Web Module WebSphere Application Server has been bound to admin_host[*:9060,*:9043].
    > 0000001b EJBContainerI I WSVR0038I: No JNDI name found for WebSphereStartUpBean, binding home name as AppStartUpHome
    > 0000001a ApplicationMg A WSVR0221I: Application started: isclite
    > 0000001b BeanMetaData E CNTR0075E: The user-provided class "com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.EJSStatelessWebSp hereStartUpBeanHomeBean_4678ea38" needed by the EnterpriseBean could not be found or loaded.
    > 0000001b EJBContainerI E WSVR0209E: Unable to start EJB jar WebSphereStartUpBean.jar [class com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedEJBModuleImpl], enterprise bean org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.ejb.internal.impl.SessionImpl (WebSphereStartUpBean) (transactionType: Container, sessionType: Stateless)
    > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.startupservice.EJSStatelessWebSp hereStartUpBeanHomeBean_c4ee91cf

    [snip]

    > {code}
    >
    > What i'm doing wrong? What could be a reason for a such exception?

    Where is your jar? which classpath? how configured?
    Ken

  3. Re: AppStartUp ClassNotFoundException

    Hello,
    The most likely cause is that the application has not been processed through the EJBDeploy tooling. Typically, you would run EJBDeploy from the RAD or AST development/assembly environment tool, or else you would ask for EJBDeploy to be run as part of installing the app into WebSphere application server. If you choose to perform this operation during app install, one of the screens within the app installation steps - "Step 1: Select Installation Options" - has a checkbox labelled "Deploy enterprise beans." You would need to ensure that this checkbox is "checked."

    The class not being found is one of the classes that is generated by the EJBDeploy tool and which it inserts into your ejb-jar archive within the application .ear file.

    Regards...Randy

+ Reply to Thread