Hi,

I have a faces portlet and a web service. My need is to fetch conetnt from the webservice and display it in this portlet onload of page.

In my backing bean I am writing a method say fetchContent(). now I have created a phase Listener and in RESTORE VIEW phase id, afterPhase method I call this function.

public void afterPhase(PhaseEvent event) {
try { System.out.println("Entering TRY of Phase Listener");
backingBean.fetchContent();
System.out.println("Exiting TRY of Phase Listener");

} catch (Exception e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
Now my problem is.... my code shows no error ,It executes all the SOPs correctly.
But still in my JSP I am unable to view the value.
Note that I have kept my bean in session and the content say "title" which I get from the webService, I am assigning it to a local variable say "tempTitle" and in my jsp I bind the outputText value to this variable.
Can someone please explain me as to why I am getting this error, and what corrections I need to do to view this value.
Please help me ASAp.

Thanks & Regards
Jhumps