migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E - Websphere

This is a discussion on migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E - Websphere ; We are doing a migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 (with DB2 and LDAP) to plain 6.1 (Cloudscape) because syndication of the WCM content doesn't work (see [ http://www.ibmportal.com/viewtopic.php?id=1354] ). I installed all necessary fixes for both portal versions. I arrived at ...

  1. migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    We are doing a migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 (with DB2 and LDAP) to plain 6.1 (Cloudscape) because syndication of the WCM content doesn't work (see [http://www.ibmportal.com/viewtopic.php?id=1354]). I installed all necessary fixes for both portal versions. I arrived at the step "Exporting configuration for migration to the same machine" where I have problems.

    First, what is wrong in the online documentation ([http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...1m0/index.jsp]), is that the parameter DcurrentPortalDirectory must be an absolute path, not a relative. Else there will be 5 entries of the backup directory and still comes a message that the directory is not found. Please fix it. After more then half an out of doing the portal-pre-upgrade, I receive the stacktrace which is in the attachment. The file allout.xml looks like the one in [http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...t688websphere]. The problem is, that the table jcr.APPLICATION_ROLE doesn't has the column PARENT_OID anymore! Before the migration, it had it! I haven't altered this table in no way. I've just followed the migration procedure. And the described problem solution doesn't work either.

    Bytheway: The installation and migration of WS Portal 6.1 can be more automated. Each manual step is an error source more. Can IBM make more improvements in the field? We have to work with VMWare and doing and undoing snapshots after each successful or problematic step. It's a pain.

    Please help!

    Bojan

  2. Re: migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    One big concern i can see is why you are using Cloudscape/derby with 6.1 In order to do the migraton from Potal 6011(wih db2 and ldap) first 1) you need to configure your security in the same way as you dd 6011. My suggestion is to use the same ldap server 2) You need to db tranfer to db2 b/c you can't do the migrtion from db2 to cloudscape/derby.

    Also, i would suggested you to check out this article --
    Step-by-step Migration Guide for IBM WebSphere Portal and Lotus Web Content Management version 6.1: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg27012697

  3. Re: migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    Thanks for the link to your document! I will try your advices, specially the one with LDAP-sharing.

    I've said, that the target database will be Cloudscape. But the JCR and the Customization *share* the same content, and this is on DB2. So the target database shouldn't matter at this time point. According to the documentation, source and destination databases can be different. See "Sharing JCR domain data", paragraph "Important".

    And for the point with the wrong directory, you came to the same conclusion (sure, before me):

    {code}
    Replace this with DbackupDirectory=mybackup with
    DbackupDirectory=C:\mybackup
    Rerun the portal-pre-upgrade task
    {code}

    When will this be fixed?

    If syndication from 6.0 to 6.1 isn't possible, shouldn't a warning text come? Or is it meant to be possible like from 5.x to 6.0, but it not yet mature? I couldn't syndicate even an empty library!

    greetings

    Bojan

  4. Re: migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    Hi dhaval_1

    I've attached the Portal 6.1 installation to the same LDAP and moved the data to the same DB2 9.1.2 (but with different database names), which was in use for Portal 6.0. Then I tried the migration.

    Unfortunately, the problem is the same: No column PARENT_OID was found in the table jcr.APPLICATION_ROLE. I can't understand why it was removed! Before the process of migration, it was there!

    So, migration doesn't work. I can try syndication.

  5. Re: migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    Hi osac,

    I would suggest you to open a pmr for syndication.

  6. Re: migration form Portal 6.0.1.1 to 6.1: EJPFB0005E

    WPmigrate.bat portal-pre-upgrade -Dbac
    kupDirectory=C:\IBM\WebSphere61\PortalServer\migra tion\backup60 -DcurrentPortalD
    irectory=C:\IBM\WebSphere\PortalServer -DcurrentPortalAdminId=wpsadmin -Dcurrent
    PortalAdminPwd=****** -DDbPassword=wpsadmin -DGroupExport="true"

    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
    5724-E76, 5724-E77, 5655-M44, 5655-R17, 5724-I29
    (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2001, 2007, 2008 All Rights Reserved.
    US Government Users Restricted Rights -
    Use, duplication or disclosure restricted
    by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.

    GET_COMPONENTS_TO_SKIP_PARM=
    WAS_PROFILE_NAME=wp_profile
    Running WebSphere Portal migration task ''
    WAS_EXT_DIRS=C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\java\lib;C:\Prog ram Fi
    les\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\classes;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base
    _v61\lib;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\installedChannel s;C:\Progr
    am Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\lib\ext;C:\Progr am Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes
    \base_v61\web\help;C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP75\runtimes\base_v61\deploytool\itp\p
    lugins\com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy\runtime;..\bin;..\ shared\app
    MIG_EXT_DIRS=.\lib;C:/Program Files/IBM/SDP75/runtimes/base_v61\plugins
    "Log file location = "C:\IBM\WebSphere61\wp_profile\PortalServer\log\Mig rationMe
    ssages.log"
    "Trace Log file location = "C:\IBM\WebSphere61\wp_profile\PortalServer\log\Mig ra
    tionTrace.log"
    *The java class is not found: Files.IBM.SDP75.runtimes.base_v61*
    *The java class is not found: Files.IBM.SDP75.runtimes.base_v61*

+ Reply to Thread