Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' during DefaultConfig - Websphere

This is a discussion on Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' during DefaultConfig - Websphere ; I've installed the eval version of WebSphere MQ 7.0. It installed fine, but when I went to complete the 'Default Configuration' I am getting the error 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011'. I can't seem to find out what this ...

  1. Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' during DefaultConfig

    I've installed the eval version of WebSphere MQ 7.0. It installed fine, but when I went to complete the 'Default Configuration' I am getting the error 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011'. I can't seem to find out what this means anywhere, does anyone here know?

    Thanks for the help,
    Jeff

  2. Re: Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' duringDefault Config

    Hi Jeff,
    Did you get a resolution to this?
    I'm getting the same error and the only manual I can find on the IBM website that details reason codes will not open !

    Cheers,

    Gordon

  3. Re: Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' duringDefault Conf

    Strangely enough, its in the "WMQ Messages V7.0" manual:

    3011 (0BC3) (RC3011): MQRCCF_CFST_STRING_LENGTH_ERR
    Explanation String length not valid. The MQCFST StringLength field value was not valid. The value was negative or greater than the maximum permitted length of the parameter specified in the Parameter field.
    Programmer response Specify a valid string length for the parameter.

    This doesn't really help your situation. Its likely to be returned by the MQ command processor for an error in a MQCFH structure in a PCF command message.

  4. Re: Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' duringDefault Conf

    I am having the same problem!!

  5. Re: Receiving 'MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 3011' duringDefault Conf

    Hey guys

    To correct this , please make sure the default queue manager name is reasonably short as well as the computer name is short which is by default assigned as default cluster name as well.

+ Reply to Thread