Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault - Websphere ; Guys and gals, I've been searching and searching for why I simply cannot get this to work. We would like to use TAM to store credentials using the credential vault type configuration within Portal 6 to store SSO information to ...

  1. Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault

    Guys and gals,

    I've been searching and searching for why I simply cannot get this to work. We would like to use TAM to store credentials using the credential vault type configuration within Portal 6 to store SSO information to one of our in house applications. Everything I see documented is for portal v5 or v5.1 and +one would think this stuff is backwards compatible+. So far, it +doesn't+ seem that way...

    Here's the code:
    {code}
    private static CredentialVaultService vaultService;
    try {
    if (vaultService == null) {
    Context ctx = new InitialContext();
    PortletServiceHome cvsHome = (PortletServiceHome) ctx
    .lookup("portletservice/com.ibm.portal.portlet.service.credentialvault.Cre dentialVaultService");
    if (cvsHome != null) {
    vaultService = (CredentialVaultService) cvsHome
    .getPortletService(CredentialVaultService.class);
    }
    }
    } catch (Exception e) {
    log.error(e);
    throw (new PortletException("Error on init()", e));
    }

    CredentialSlotConfig config = vaultService.createCredentialSlot(slotKey, obj, new HashMap(), new HashMap(), CredentialVaultService.SECRET_TYPE_USERID_STRING_P ASSWORD_STRING, true, true, request);

    vaultService.setCredentialSecretUserPassword(confi g.getSlotId(), userID, password.toCharArray(), request);
    {code}

    It throws:
    {code}com.ibm.wps.sso.credentialvault.CredentialVa ultExceptionImpl{code}

    with no explanation or further stack trace.

    I even went as far as to follow this Redbook ([http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246325.pdf] ( +Develop and Deploy a Secure Portal Solution Using WebSphere Portal V5 and Tivoli Access Manager V5.1+ )) but the solution doesn't work.

    If I try and use the Wizard when creating the portlet, it blows up with this error:
    {code}
    Error on PortletSecretManager.setPrivateCredential():
    javax.portlet.PortletException: Error on CredentialVaultService.createCredentialSlot()
    at com.ibm.portal.PortletSecretManager.createNewSlot( PortletSecretManager.java:354)
    at com.ibm.portal.PortletSecretManager.getSlotId(Port letSecretManager.java:302)
    at com.ibm.portal.PortletSecretManager.setCredential( PortletSecretManager.java:233)
    at com.ibm.portal.PortletSecretManager.setPrivateCred ential(PortletSecretManager.java:73)
    at com.wd.teamtrack.TeamTrack.processAction(TeamTrack .java:90)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterChain Impl.processAction(PortletFilterChainImpl.java:104 )
    at com.ibm.wps.propertybroker.standard.filter.Propert yBrokerActionFilter.processAction(PropertyBrokerAc tionFilter.java:261)
    at com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.std.cmpf.impl.PortletFilterChain Impl.processAction(PortletFilterChainImpl.java:95)
    {code}

    I'm starting to think this either cannot be done, or that the config settings on the Portal and TAM Administrator's side is screwed up somehow.

    *Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.* +Surely IBM wouldn't include something that doesn't work, right?+

  2. Re: Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault

    ** crickets **

  3. Re: Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault

    Ok I finally figured this out and no wonder nobody responded...

    When creating the portlet, I configured it for a portlet private slot which was incorrect. I needed to configure it for a system slot instead. Evidently, for portlet private slots you must write all the code yourself including creating the segment and slot programatically.

  4. Re: Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault

    Ok I finally figured this out and no wonder nobody responded...

    When creating the portlet, I configured it for a portlet private slot which was incorrect. I needed to configure it for a system slot instead. Evidently, for portlet private slots you must write all the code yourself including creating the segment and slot programatically.

  5. Re: Portal 6, RAD7, and TAM for SSO/CredVault

    Hi
    Even iam wrking on SSO module.But PortletSecretManager class is not getting created.
    Its getting created in webapplibraries.Can you help me on the smae

    Iam using RAD7.0 With portal server 6.0

    Thanks
    Vineela

+ Reply to Thread