How to select memory-to-memory replication settings through wsadmin - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to select memory-to-memory replication settings through wsadmin - Websphere ; Distributed environment settings PROBLEM: The problem is though script is able to select the radio button of memory to memory rep its not able to select or choose the memory to memory settings as there is more than one clusters ...

  1. How to select memory-to-memory replication settings through wsadmin

    Distributed environment settings

    PROBLEM:
    The problem is though script is able to select the radio button of memory to memory rep its not able to select or choose the memory to memory settings as there is more than one clusters present with replication domains enabled.
    Manual solution to the problem:
    I have to login to console and navigate to the Distributed environment settings
    and click on memory to memory replication and choose
    "Replication domain" as "autocluster"(my servers clustername)
    "Replication mode " as both "client and server" under "general properties" and save it then only the memory to memory replication shows blue color i.e. shows enabled.

    else its clearly shows the memory to memory replication disabled with information below as "(Replication domains are defined, but the memory to memory settings have not been selected)"

    I think i need to add something more like "{Replicationdomain {value {autocluster}}}" and "{Replicationmode {value {client and server}}}" to my script to select the memory to memory settings also.
    So my request is if any one knows how to select "memory to memory settings" through wsadmin tool then please help me ...
    waiting for any suggestions...!!!!
    I have attached the WAS Consoles screenshots for reference
    screenshot1: after my script run showing memory to memory rep selected but disabled with the info message.
    screenshot2: To enable it i use to select and save(replication domain and replication mode).

    Thanks a lot..

  2. Re: How to select memory-to-memory replication settings throughwsadmin

    Hey all,

    NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THIS QUESTION OR WHAT.

    *HELP ME IF ANYONE HAS ANSWER OR SUGGESTIONS.*

    *WAITTING FOR REPLIES*

    Ricky

  3. Re: How to select memory-to-memory replication settings throughwsadmin

    Hi Ricky,

    I am facing the same problem, if you have resolved the issue please share the same.

  4. Re: How to select memory-to-memory replication settings throughwsadmin

    Repeat above memory-to-memory replication procedure for each server in Cluster or for those you want to replicate the session on

    *Note:* I used WebSphere Application Server V7.0. Options can be found under different menus in WebSphere V 6

    Hope this helps

  5. Re: How to select memory-to-memory replication settings throughwsadmin

    Hi,

    Thanks, you are right but i want to enable Replication Domain and Replication Mode under Distributed environment settings through wsadmin(JACL) script, the below script select only radio button of memory to memory replication, can you please let me know how to enable Replication Domain and Replication Mode using wsadmin(JACL) scripts.

    set serverId [ $AdminConfig getid /Server:$srvName/]
    set node2 [$AdminConfig getid "/Node:$nodeName2/"]
    set WebContainerId [ $AdminConfig list WebContainer $node2]
    set sessionManagerId [ $AdminConfig list SessionManager $WebContainerId]
    set sessionPersistenceMode [ list sessionPersistenceMode DATA_REPLICATION]
    set sessionManagerList [ list $sessionPersistenceMode]

    if { [ catch { $AdminConfig modify $sessionManagerId $sessionManagerList } r ] == 0 } {
    puts "$nodeName2 $srvName - Session Manager properties created successfully."
    } else {
    puts "\nfailed to create Session Manager properties for $srvName\n"
    return -code error $r
    }

  6. Re: How to select memory-to-memory replication settings throughwsadmin

    Hi Ricky,

    I got the solution what you are looking for.

    set serverId [ $AdminConfig getid /Server:$srvName/]
    set node2 [$AdminConfig getid "/Node:$nodeName2/"]
    set WebContainerId [ $AdminConfig list WebContainer $node2]
    set sessionManagerId [ $AdminConfig list SessionManager $WebContainerId]
    set sessionPersistenceMode [ list sessionPersistenceMode DATA_REPLICATION]
    set sessionManagerList [ list $sessionPersistenceMode]
    $AdminConfig modify $sessionManagerId {{sessionDRSPersistence {{messageBrokerDomainName MyRepDomain} {dataReplicationMode BOTH}}}}

    if { [ catch { $AdminConfig modify $sessionManagerId $sessionManagerList } r ] == 0 } {
    puts "$nodeName2 $srvName - Session Manager properties created successfully."
    } else {
    puts "\nfailed to create Session Manager properties for $srvName\n"
    return -code error $r
    }

+ Reply to Thread