JMX and non WAS Java - Websphere

This is a discussion on JMX and non WAS Java - Websphere ; If I need to use JMX with WAS am I tied down to using it through WAS Java? My need is to use one java application and make it talk to different app servers like Websphere and weblogic. I understand ...

  1. JMX and non WAS Java

    If I need to use JMX with WAS am I tied down to using it through WAS Java?

    My need is to use one java application and make it talk to different app servers like Websphere and weblogic. I understand I can do this using OSGI and JMX. Can I do this without needing to use any flavour of wsadmin.bat?

    I want the Java to be Sun's Java6. I dont want to launch a Runtime Process and another Java via the modified wsadmin. Is this doable? If I need to launch another Java via the modified wsadmin.bat I might as well use jacl or jython. No?

  2. Re: JMX and non WAS Java

    crscca@yahoo.co.in wrote:
    > If I need to use JMX with WAS am I tied down to using it through WAS Java?
    >
    > My need is to use one java application and make it talk to different app servers like Websphere and weblogic. I understand I can do this using OSGI and JMX. Can I do this without needing to use any flavour of wsadmin.bat?
    >
    > I want the Java to be Sun's Java6. I dont want to launch a Runtime Process and another Java via the modified wsadmin. Is this doable? If I need to launch another Java via the modified wsadmin.bat I might as well use jacl or jython. No?

    Yes you can do this.
    Ken

+ Reply to Thread