How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0 - Websphere ; Hi all, I am writing a mobile application in java, and need to read a value from the PPC windows registry... Could anyone, please, give me an example of how I can read from my code a particular registry value? ...

  1. How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0

    Hi all,

    I am writing a mobile application in java, and need to read a value from the PPC windows registry...

    Could anyone, please, give me an example of how I can read from my code a particular registry value?

    I have already tried with

    COMPUTER_WINDOWS_CAR_FOLDER =
    "reg query \"HKLM\\System\\StorageManager\\Profiles\\SDMemory\" /v Folder";
    Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(
    COMPUTER_WINDOWS_CAR_FOLDER);

    but I receive an IOException Unable to start Program.

    I have also tried with JavaRegisrtyWrapper, which is published in

    Google Projects: http://code.google.com/p/javaregistr...r.jar&can=2&q=

    As long as I test on the PC Windows XP, everything works fine, but on the PPC with Windows CE 5.0, I receive a NoClassDefFoundError.
    It seems to me that j9 JVM doesn't have all of the classes needed.

    Does anyone have a clue?
    Any help, example or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0

    In addition, I am having wsdd5.0 and ive-2.2, and I compile with jclMax.

  3. Re: How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0

    SWT native library for ppc-arm contains registry functions. So you can use SWT OS.class for accessing registry from Java. Here is what I did:
    - I downloaded swt-3.4-win32-wce_ppc-arm-j2se.zip from http://www.eclipse.org/swt/ downloads
    - then I put swt-win32-3448.dll to my \J9\bin directory
    - and swt.jar to my \J9\lib\jclFoundation11\ext directory
    - then I wrote a simple test:
    {code}
    import org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.*;

    public class ReadRegistry {

    int[] hkey = new int[1];
    TCHAR SDMemory = new TCHAR( 0, "System\\StorageManager\\Profiles\\SDMemory", true);
    TCHAR Folder = new TCHAR( 0, "Folder", true );
    int[] cb = new int[1];

    OS.RegOpenKeyEx( OS.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SDMemory, 0, OS.KEY_QUERY_VALUE, hkey );
    OS.RegQueryValueEx( hkey[0], Folder, 0, null, (TCHAR)null, cb );
    TCHAR buf = new TCHAR( 0, cb[0] );
    OS.RegQueryValueEx( hkey[0], Folder, 0, null, buf, cb );
    System.out.println( buf.toString().trim() );
    }
    }
    {code}
    - and run it from \J9\examples directory using
    {code}
    57#\J9\bin\j9.exe -jcl:foun11 -cp \J9\examples ReadRegistry
    {code}
    - on Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX N560 with WM 5.0 I got: SD-MMCard

  4. Re: How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0

    Hi Ladya,

    I tried the code that you posted. It works by me too. I guess I know nothing about windows programming, but one constantly learns.

    *Thank you very much for your help!*

    Best regards!

  5. Re: How to read a registry value on Windows Mobile 5.0

    Hi Saintveni,
    you are welcome

+ Reply to Thread