Unix access via WAS admin console - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unix access via WAS admin console - Websphere ; I was recently told from IBM support that there was a way via the WAS admin console to execute Unix commands. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, from where within the admin console? Thank you....

  1. Unix access via WAS admin console

    I was recently told from IBM support that there was a way via the WAS admin console to execute Unix commands. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, from where within the admin console?

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Unix access via WAS admin console

    msikorsk@andersencorp.com wrote:
    > I was recently told from IBM support that there was a way via the WAS admin console to execute Unix commands. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, from where within the admin console?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Check the InfoCenter for your version of WAS for 'Generic Server'

    Ken

  3. Re: Unix access via WAS admin console

    hmm...interesting, but never heard of this before

  4. Re: Unix access via WAS admin console

    what commands ? Shell command ? binary command ?

  5. Re: Unix access via WAS admin console

    Honestly, the IBM support person never did provide any specifics. I'm not aware of such a "feature" / option within WAS.

  6. Re: Unix access via WAS admin console

    copying from the nntp copy of this newsgroup:

    Check the InfoCenter for your version of WAS for 'Generic Server'

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread