redirect/forward to portal page from doView - Websphere

This is a discussion on redirect/forward to portal page from doView - Websphere ; Hi generally in doView of a portlet, we forward to a jsp using the request dispatcher include. But i want to redirect to a portal page in same portal from the doView method. What is the best possible solution to ...

  1. redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    Hi

    generally in doView of a portlet, we forward to a jsp using the request dispatcher include. But i want to redirect to a portal page in same portal from the doView method. What is the best possible solution to do that in wps6?

    Thanks

  2. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    Hi,
    Use of wps:urlGeneration tag may solve this issue, in your case the control will go to the jsp from doview and from there use of wps:urlgeneration tag can redirect you to the desired portal page.

    Regards,

    Prashant

  3. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    please do not use the wps tags in portlets it is not supported, you are better off using the url geneartion spis

  4. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    can you please provide me an example as to how will i redirect from doView to a portal page using the SPIS ?

  5. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    see
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...0612_behl.html

    shows how to build urls using the spis

    and here is some sample code and helper files
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21265900

  6. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    I have a similar task where I need to redirect to another portlet from within doView. My redirect needs to occur based on a request parameter and it needs to occur automatically. I can create the destination URL using the SPI apis but am not sure how I can *automatically* redirect to this URL from within doView without requiring user action (ie. user selects a link). Any help is appreciated.

  7. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    javascript, either use directly window.location = the link or something of that nature

  8. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    Hi Jim,
    If we are using javascript then the jsp will be loaded first and then we have to call the script. Or we have to do that in the onload of the page?
    while creating wires for IPC there is an option to switch to the target page. When the action url is clicked it automatically switches to the target portlet. Could you please provide some insight on how that is done.

  9. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    Hi Jim,
    We have a similar requirement to forward to a different page from inside our JSF portlet. I tried using JS to redirect to a different portal page. It is working. But the problem is that, the JSP is shown then only the redirection using JS is happening. Is it possible to fine tune this approach or could you please suggest another approach?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  10. Re: redirect/forward to portal page from doView

    we have implemented it using
    {code}
    FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalConte xt().redirect(forwardUrl);
    {code}

    where forwardUrl is the url to the page.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread