Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial. - Websphere ; I am new to Websphere Portal. I am using Websphere Portal V6.0. When tried to implement the example given with the tutorial "Developing a Spring Portlet MVC Framework application for use inside IBM WebSphere Portal". I am getting an eror ...

  1. Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial.

    I am new to Websphere Portal. I am using Websphere Portal V6.0. When tried to implement the example given with the tutorial
    "Developing a Spring Portlet MVC Framework application for use inside IBM WebSphere Portal".

    I am getting an eror message:

    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationExcepti on: Could not instantiate bean class [com.ibm.developerworks.springmvc.ViewController]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    AbstractController cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type

    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:100)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleIn stantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiatio nStrategy.java:61)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(Abstrac tAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:756)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(Abst ractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:721)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAuto wireCapableBeanFactory.java:384)
    ... 168 more
    Caused by: java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    The import org.springframework cannot be resolved
    AbstractController cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type
    ModelAndView cannot be resolved to a type

    at com.ibm.developerworks.springmvc.ViewController.(V iewController.java:10)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Com piled Code))
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java(Compiled Code))
    at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateCla ss(BeanUtils.java:85)
    ... 172 more

    I checked the war file which I am deploying all the spring jar file are present in WEB-INF/lib directory. Why portal container is not loading those jar files from WEB-INF/lib folder? Can anyone help me to make this code working? I haven't made any changes to downloaded sample code.

  2. Re: Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial.

    it should, can you share your war file?

  3. Re: Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial.

    Here is the war file. I created this war file using Maven.

  4. Re: Error while running HelloWorld Spring Portlet Tutorial.

    it does not look like the maven build is correct, as the class file even shows these errors