problems granting access to use Import XML portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on problems granting access to use Import XML portlet - Websphere ; XML Access but the portlet returns an error of: "EJPAG1011I: You do not have the correct permissions to import an XML configuration file." - even before I get to choose a file to import. Am I missing an access right ...

  1. problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    XML Access but the portlet returns an error of:

    "EJPAG1011I: You do not have the correct permissions to import an XML configuration file."
    - even before I get to choose a file to import.

    Am I missing an access right somewhere ? or is this function only available to wpsadmins ?

    any ideas greatly appreciated.

    John

  2. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    Actually, I believe you have to have admin permissios to import an XMLAccess file. With XMLAccess you can perform administration tasks like creating pages, installing portlets, etc. You do not want everyone being able to do these tasks in your portal installation.

    Oliver

  3. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    well, that's the conclusion I'm rapidly coming to.
    But as there was a virtual resourced called 'XML Access' I was hoping that this wouold be the gateway to get the portlet to work.

    From then, I could understand if I didn't have access to say, groups resource, that an XML script trying to edit groups would fail to run.

    But that ability to use the portlet to at least kick off the import - why does it have to be globally-wide admin access ir order to do this ?

  4. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    Your comment sounds reasonable. However, I believe XMLAccess does not check the permissions on that granular level. Meaning, XMLAccess does not check if you try to change a group membership with your XML import, and therefore checks if you have the proper permission to do this. Therefore you have to have admin permission in general to use xmlaccess.

    Oliver

  5. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    I just checked the InfoCenter. It says: "For example, the virtual resource XMLAccess protects the ability to execute scripts through that XML configuration interface."
    So this could indeed be a bug. You should think about opening a PMR with IBM support to clairfy this issue.

    Oliver

  6. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    that's an interesting snippet.
    I raised a PMR yesterday and will be going through the MustGather this morning.

    I'll post the findings.

  7. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    XML Access

    simply really. Once you know.

  8. Re: problems granting access to use Import XML portlet

    can u please be more clear
    i have the same issue

+ Reply to Thread