Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E - Websphere

This is a discussion on Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E - Websphere ; Hi, I am using : WebSphere Platform 6.1 [BASE 6.1.0.17 cf170821.07] Host Operating System is AIX, version 5.3 Java version = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc64-64 j9vmap6423-20080315 (JIT enabled) I created a JDBC Data source using "DB2 Universal ...

  1. Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E

    Hi,
    I am using :
    WebSphere Platform 6.1 [BASE 6.1.0.17 cf170821.07]
    Host Operating System is AIX, version 5.3
    Java version = J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 AIX ppc64-64 j9vmap6423-20080315 (JIT enabled)

    I created a JDBC Data source using "DB2 Universal JDBC Driver Provider".
    Also, I added the user and password as custom properties for the data source (did not use J2C authentication)
    In admin console, *I am able to check the resource and perform "Test connection" successfully.*

    I deployed a Web application with resource reference for the data source.
    From application I am looking up Datasource with:
    {code}
    InitialContext initContext = new InitialContext();
    DataSource ds = (DataSource) initContext.lookup("java:comp/env/" + datasourceName);
    //datasourceName variable contains resource refernce name defined in web.xml
    {code}
    At this point, I see following error on SystemOut.log

    SQL Exception acquiring Connection from Datasource Exception Follows:null userid not supportedDSRA0010E: SQL State = null, Error Code = -99,999

    Not sure why this error is being thrown when I am able to test the connection via admin console.

    Any help?

    TIA
    R.C

  2. Re: Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E

    Hmm ... I've only used J2C Authentication alias, not custom properties. Any reason why you didn't use the J2C Auth alias? Does it work for you that way? When I get a null userid using the J2C Auth Alias, I usually just do a full synch, bounce the nodeagent and JVM. But for standalone with custom properties? Not too sure ...

  3. Re: Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E

    Thanks for your response.

    I tried all combination - J2C alias and custom properties.
    Nothing solved the problem.

    Actually, the error does not occur at look up. It occurs in a line such as datasource.getConnection();

    As a dirty workaround, I passed the user id and password in to getConnection() and the error is gone!!!! whatever happend with me J2C auth alias? I don't know.

    However, I am stuck with an exeception : on any db operation.
    Stack Dump = com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: Error executing a XAResource.commit(), Server returned XAER_PROTO

    This is on rs.next() kind of line

    TIA
    R.C

  4. Re: Error getting connection from Datasource null userid notsupportedDSRA0010E

    Sorry to have mislead.
    This is some oversight
    we developed and tested the app on RAD and it had the application deployment descriptor packaged on the EAR.
    The deployment descriptor has a deployment section, that captures and saves dev DB2 driver/login alias/configs

    The DB configuration is different from dev ..and so, there was the DB2 conflict and weird error messages. Strangely, my changes on admin console was not getting written back to the descriptor

    TIA
    R.C

+ Reply to Thread