Automation of application deployment in Websphere applicationserver. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Automation of application deployment in Websphere applicationserver. - Websphere ; I was trying to automate the Deployment process of EAR in Websphere application Server 6.1. I.e. when the EAR is ready, a script should log in to Admin console Uninstall the old application and deploy the new EAR and start ...

  1. Automation of application deployment in Websphere applicationserver.

    I was trying to automate the Deployment process of EAR in Websphere application Server 6.1.
    I.e. when the EAR is ready, a script should log in to Admin console Uninstall the old application and deploy the new EAR and start the application.
    Are there any ant scripts available for that?
    Any help is appreciated.

  2. Re: Automation of application deployment in Websphere applicationserver.

    Yes, you can automate the deployment process with custom scripts. Here are some sample scripts from IBM. check "Scripts for WebSphere Application Server automated deployment" section.

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...leScripts.html

    If the url doesnot work, remove spaces or %20 from the url.

    Anant

  3. Re: Automation of application deployment in Websphere applicationserver.

    You may want to take a look at the wsadmin command in the WebSphere documentation InfoCenter -- wsadmin is the command-line system management command. Also, there is an excellent "redbook" available that covers WAS system management; chapter 5 covers administration via scripting. http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstract...7304.html?Open

    - Randy

    cijojohn@gmail.com wrote:
    > I was trying to automate the Deployment process of EAR in Websphere application Server 6.1.
    > I.e. when the EAR is ready, a script should log in to Admin console Uninstall the old application and deploy the new EAR and start the application.
    > Are there any ant scripts available for that?
    > Any help is appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread