Default Queue Manager: - Websphere

This is a discussion on Default Queue Manager: - Websphere ; HI I am new WebSphereMq. In my application we are using default queue manager. Can anyone tell me what is a default queue manger. Thanks in advance.....

  1. Default Queue Manager:

    HI

    I am new WebSphereMq.
    In my application we are using default queue manager.
    Can anyone tell me what is a default queue manger.

    Thanks in advance..

  2. Re: Default Queue Manager:

    phaneendra_guggilam@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I am new WebSphereMq.
    > In my application we are using default queue manager.
    > Can anyone tell me what is a default queue manger.

    Doing some basic reading on MQ would probably help you - for a
    start, check out the WebSphere MQ Fundamentals Redbook

    A default queue manager is the one which is set as the "default"
    for the operating system - so if you do not issue any queue
    manager name in your commands, the commands default to connecting
    to that queue manager. You need to configure MQ to tell it that
    one queue manager is "default" (in mqs.ini on UNIX and via the MQ
    GUI tools on Windows). It is not usually recommended that you
    assume that there is a default queue manager on a system, so you
    would generally want to specify a queue manager name and
    connection details in your application.

    Andy

    --
    http://andypiper.wordpress.com/

  3. Re: Default Queue Manager:

    If an application running on the same machine as the queue manager connects to MQ without specifying a queue manager name, it will connect to the "default" queue manager.

    This may sound convenient, but there is a trap. If a second queue manager is created on the same machine with the option for it to be the default queue manager, the next time the application connects to MQ, it will connect to the wrong queue manager.

    In general, it is better for applications to connect to a specific queue manager name. That way they are always guaranteed to connect to the intended queue manager. Its quite common to run a machine without any default queue manager, hence avoiding the trap. Its easy to remove a default if there is one (see qm.ini on Unix, or the registry on Windows)

    HTH,
    Glenn.

  4. Re: Default Queue Manager:

    thanks Glenn ......