threads running inside or outside the container - Websphere

This is a discussion on threads running inside or outside the container - Websphere ; hi guys, is there anyway to see in websphere (or even in an IDE) whether or not a thread running is inside the container or not? Ive started using asynch beans and wondering if there is any way to deterimine ...

  1. threads running inside or outside the container

    hi guys,
    is there anyway to see in websphere (or even in an IDE) whether or not a thread running is inside the container or not?

    Ive started using asynch beans and wondering if there is any way to deterimine that they are wroking correctly.

  2. Re: threads running inside or outside the container

    colin.duggan@fmr.com wrote:
    > hi guys,
    > is there anyway to see in websphere (or even in an IDE) whether or not a thread running is inside the container or not?

    Not that I'm aware of.
    > Ive started using asynch beans and wondering if there is any way to deterimine that they are wroking correctly.

    This would usually be done through an obscure and rarely-executed
    process known as ... testing. Are you running into problems that leads
    you to your first question?

    Ken

  3. Re: threads running inside or outside the container

    On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:48:53 -0400, colin.duggan wrote:

    > hi guys,
    > is there anyway to see in websphere (or even in an IDE) whether or not a
    > thread running is inside the container or not?

    Not really, but if you take a threaddump and the code you're looking for
    is running inside a regular worker thread for that container, then I
    think it is safe to assume the thread is indeed running inside the
    container...

    Wkr,
    Sven Vermeulen

+ Reply to Thread