export-wcm-data & library resource permissions - Websphere

This is a discussion on export-wcm-data & library resource permissions - Websphere ; We are currently running WebSphere Portal 6.0.1, and are attempting to export our web content library using the export-wcm-data config task. In our case, using export-wcm-data for deploying the initial WCM build to production is preferable to using syndication, since ...

  1. export-wcm-data & library resource permissions

    We are currently running WebSphere Portal 6.0.1, and are attempting to export our web content library using the export-wcm-data config task.

    In our case, using export-wcm-data for deploying the initial WCM build to production is preferable to using syndication, since syndication does not transfer library permissions and resource permissions across. Given that we have a large number of environments, we're trying to avoid having to manually set the permissions through the Portal admin console for each environment.

    Anyway, on our DEV1 environment, we have fully setup our library permissions and resource permissions. For instance, we have assigned the group wcm_sct_news_authors as a *Contributor* at the library level, and also as a *Editor* for Content resources.

    When we run the export-wcm-data config task, the library permissions are exported perfectly, but the resource permissions are not exported at all. Inspection of the exported %43ontent.node file, for instance, shows that no groups are assigned to any of the roles for Content resources.

    Has anyone had any success with the export-wcm-data config task?

  2. Re: export-wcm-data & library resource permissions

    Sorry all -- it turns out that the export-wcm-data *does* indeed work as advertised, and manages to exports all the library resource permissions as well.

    In my case, the permissions for Content resources were exported to /rootworkspace/jcr_root/content%52oot/fda6c7a5/%55%49%43ontrols/%43ontent.node. I was simply looking in the wrong place!

+ Reply to Thread