Error while deploying EJB in WAS 6.1 using ejbdeploy.sh - Websphere

This is a discussion on Error while deploying EJB in WAS 6.1 using ejbdeploy.sh - Websphere ; I am getting following error when i try to deploy ejb components in WAS 6.1 server [exec] Inside Ejbdeploy.sh [exec] After setupCmdLine.sh [exec] 1 [exec] 3 [exec] 4 [exec] 5 [exec] 6 [exec] [exec] Starting workbench. [exec] [exec] o0723.06 [exec] ...

  1. Error while deploying EJB in WAS 6.1 using ejbdeploy.sh

    I am getting following error when i try to deploy ejb components in WAS 6.1 server

    [exec] Inside Ejbdeploy.sh

    [exec] After setupCmdLine.sh
    [exec] 1
    [exec] 3
    [exec] 4
    [exec] 5
    [exec] 6

    [exec]
    [exec] Starting workbench.

    [exec]
    [exec] o0723.06
    [exec]
    [exec] [*Error] An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.

    [exec]
    [exec] Shutting down workbench.

    [exec] Error executing deployment: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError. Error is null.
    [exec] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtensi on. (BatchExtension.java:185)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    [exec] at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    [exec] at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:494)
    [exec] at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
    [exec] at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BootLoaderLoad er.run(BootLoaderLoader.java:246)
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BatchDeploy.ex ecute(BatchDeploy.java:99)
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.execute(EJBDepl oy.java:83)
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.main(EJBDeploy. java:313)
    [exec] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [exec] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.logging.Logger.(Logger.ja va:28)
    [exec] ... 11 more
    [exec] EJBDeploy level: o0723.06
    [exec] Result: 1

    does any one face this issue earlier?
    by looking into error trace, do we need to specify logfile explicitly, if so where can we do that?

  2. Re: Error while deploying EJB in WAS 6.1 using ejbdeploy.sh

    Hi Unix,

    I am also facing the same issue. I could able to create stubs and deploy this to server using RAD.

    But, I am building an ANT script which fails to create stubs and displays the below error:

    [ejbdeploy] [*Error] An unexpected exception was thrown. Halting execution.
    [ejbdeploy] Error executing deployment: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError. Error is null.
    [ejbdeploy] java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    [ejbdeploy] at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.j ava:216)
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.plugin.BatchExtensi on.(BatchExtension.java:185)
    [ejbdeploy] at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
    [ejbdeploy] at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1300)
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BootLoaderLoad er.run(BootLoaderLoader.java:246)
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.batch.impl.BatchDeploy.ex ecute(BatchDeploy.java:99)
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.execute(EJBDepl oy.java:83)
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.EJBDeploy.main(EJBDeploy. java:313)
    [ejbdeploy] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [ejbdeploy] at com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.logging.Logger.(Logger.java:28)
    [ejbdeploy] at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
    [ejbdeploy] at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.j ava:194)
    [ejbdeploy] ... 7 more
    [ejbdeploy] EJBDeploy level: o0723.06
    [ejbdeploy] Java Result: 1
    [echo] End

    I hope you might have got a solution for this. Can you please help me to resolve this issue.

    Thanks,
    Rajesh

+ Reply to Thread