Sitemap utility - Websphere

This is a discussion on Sitemap utility - Websphere ; Hello, According to this site http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pr...ease/21158.wss there is a sitemap utility that create sitemaps as per Sitemap protocol XML format. ( www.sitemap.org ) But all the samples that I see on the forum simply invoke the model spi to generate ...

  1. Sitemap utility

    Hello,

    According to this site http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pr...ease/21158.wss

    there is a sitemap utility that create sitemaps as per Sitemap protocol XML format. (www.sitemap.org)

    But all the samples that I see on the forum simply invoke the model spi to generate a list of pages not necessarily in the XML format defined above.

    Can someone tell me what this utility is? How is it different from the API and SPIs provided?

    Can I simply use this utility to generate locale specific sitemap via command line? I only need an XML output file that represents a sitemap in the protocol format above.

    Thanks,
    Ashwini

  2. Re: Sitemap utility

    I think this is what you are looking for
    http://catalog.lotus.com/wps/portal/...abel=1WP100194

  3. Re: Sitemap utility

    Thanks Jim for giving me the link to portal catalog containing the Sitemap utility.

    Upon looking into the JSP code for this utility I could see that a Sitemap has been created using HTTP get by constructing the following URL. It really ought to be as simple as that.

    String contextPath=request.getContextPath();
    String xurl=response.encodeURL(new StringBuffer(contextPath).append("/exportServlet").toString());
    xurl=xurl+"?"+SitemapConstants.LAST_MOD+"="+request.getAttribute(SitemapConstants.LAST_MOD)+"&"+SitemapConstants.PRIORITY+"="+request.getAttribute(SitemapConstants.PRIORITY)+"&"+SitemapConstants.FREQUENCY+"="+request.getAttribute(SitemapConstants.FREQUENCY)+"&"+SitemapConstants.TOPLEVEL_LIST_PREF+"="+request.getAttribute(SitemapConstants.TOPLEVEL_LI ST_PREF)+"&"+SitemapConstants.FILTER_SECTIONS+"="+request.getAttribute(SitemapConstants.FILTER_SECT IONS);

    However, I am not sure this will give me a sitemap of all my secure Portal pages unless I can pass it my credentials somehow. Any idea how I can write a simple java code that will do a HTTP get on the above URL and also be able to pass Portal server credentials such that I get a Sitemap of all my secured content also. Will a Form based authentication suffice for this? We can just pass the credentials of a user in WpsAdmin and get the SiteMap if Forms based authentication works.

    Thanks.
    Ashwini

+ Reply to Thread