Webserver Plugins - Websphere

This is a discussion on Webserver Plugins - Websphere ; All, Its been a while i have used webserver so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have machine A, which has an IBM HTTP Server, a DMgr Profile and a Node that has been added to the Dmgr. My ...

  1. Webserver Plugins

    All,

    Its been a while i have used webserver so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    I have machine A, which has an IBM HTTP Server, a DMgr Profile and a Node that has been added to the Dmgr.

    My first question is how do configure the webserver. I followed these steps.

    - copy the configurewebserver.sh file to the bin directory under usr/WebSphere/Appserver and run the script

    - copy the plugin-cfg.xml from the Application server and copy to the Http server plugins directory and update the httpd.conf file and restart both the Appserver and webserver.

    Is this the right way to do it?(because i did this and the webserver wouldnt start) If not could you please tell me how to do it or if there is other way to do it?

    Also what if i have Dmgr and Node on machine B. Could you please also tell me to do this?

    Thanks,

    Sunil

  2. Re: Webserver Plugins

    On Aug 7, 10:45*am, sunny wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > Its been a while i have used webserver so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > I have machine A, which has an IBM HTTP Server, a DMgr Profile and a Nodethat has been added to the Dmgr.
    >
    > *My first question is how do configure the webserver. I followed these steps.
    >
    > * - copy the configurewebserver.sh file to the bin directory under usr/WebSphere/Appserver and run the script
    >
    > * - copy the plugin-cfg.xml from the Application server and copy to theHttp server plugins directory and update the httpd.conf file and restart both the Appserver and webserver.
    >
    > Is this the right way to do it?(because i did this and the webserver wouldnt start) If not could you please tell me how to do it or if there is other way to do it?
    >
    > Also what if i have Dmgr and Node on machine B. Could you please also tell me to do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sunil

    Those steps seem correct. What steps are you taking to start the web
    server? What symptoms do you observe that tell you it's not starting
    properly? What is written to the web server error log? If you
    comment out the two lines related to the HTTP Plugin, does the web
    server start?

    Jeremy

  3. Re: Webserver Plugins

    On Aug 7, 8:45*pm, sunny wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > Its been a while i have used webserver so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > I have machine A, which has an IBM HTTP Server, a DMgr Profile and a Nodethat has been added to the Dmgr.
    >
    > *My first question is how do configure the webserver. I followed these steps.
    >
    > * - copy the configurewebserver.sh file to the bin directory under usr/WebSphere/Appserver and run the script
    >
    > * - copy the plugin-cfg.xml from the Application server and copy to theHttp server plugins directory and update the httpd.conf file and restart both the Appserver and webserver.
    >
    > Is this the right way to do it?(because i did this and the webserver wouldnt start) If not could you please tell me how to do it or if there is other way to do it?
    >
    > Also what if i have Dmgr and Node on machine B. Could you please also tell me to do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Sunil

    Irrespective of which machine has what .....

    - Generate plugin on the DM Host.
    - Copy it to the Web Server Host, you need to have the WebSphere
    plugin binaries installed on it.
    - Add the plugin-cfg.xml to httpd.conf
    - Restart the HTTP Server.

    If the Web Server is not starting, try commenting out the lines with
    the plugin file and the LoadModule for it and restart again to check
    if this is a WAS Plugin issue or a HTTP Server issue.

    Checking logs would be the way to confirm. Check error_log and
    http_plugin.log

+ Reply to Thread