WebSphere Portal 6.1 - Sharing JCR data when WCM is installed. - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Portal 6.1 - Sharing JCR data when WCM is installed. - Websphere ; I am in the process of planning a Portal 6.1 install and need something clarified. Can the JCR data be shared in a cluster when WCM is in use? I was under the impression that from version 6 on, WCM ...

  1. WebSphere Portal 6.1 - Sharing JCR data when WCM is installed.

    I am in the process of planning a Portal 6.1 install and need
    something clarified. Can the JCR data be shared in a cluster when WCM
    is in use? I was under the impression that from version 6 on, WCM data
    could be shared in a cluster but the WebSphere Portal 6.1 Info Center
    states the following...

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...m_dbshare.html
    Important: If you are using Web Content Management servers in your
    environment, you cannot share the JCR domain between servers.

    Does this really mean no two servers, even in a horizontal cluster,
    can share the same WCM data?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: WebSphere Portal 6.1 - Sharing JCR data when WCM is installed.

    On Aug 1, 10:20 am, MarcosBaxt...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am in the process of planning a Portal 6.1 install and need
    > something clarified. Can the JCR data be shared in a cluster when WCM
    > is in use? I was under the impression that from version 6 on,WCM data
    > could be shared in a cluster but the WebSphere Portal 6.1 Info Center
    > states the following...
    >
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ndex.jsp?topic...
    > Important: If you are using Web Content Management servers in your
    > environment, you cannot share the JCR domain between servers.
    >
    > Does this really mean no two servers, even in a horizontal cluster,
    > can share the same WCM data?
    >
    > Thanks.

    OK, I wanted to post this in case anyone else needs this answered. IBM
    support says that you can share WCM (JCR) data in a cluster but not
    across different lines of production.

  3. Re: WebSphere Portal 6.1 - Sharing JCR data when WCM is installed.

    On Aug 1, 10:20 am, MarcosBaxt...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am in the process of planning a Portal 6.1 install and need
    > something clarified. Can theJCRdata be shared in a cluster whenWCM
    > is in use? I was under the impression that from version 6 on,WCMdata
    > could be shared in a cluster but the WebSphere Portal 6.1 Info Center
    > states the following...
    >
    > http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ndex.jsp?topic...
    > Important: If you are using Web Content Management servers in your
    > environment, you cannotsharetheJCRdomain between servers.
    >
    > Does this really mean no two servers, even in a horizontal cluster,
    > cansharethe sameWCMdata?
    >
    > Thanks.

    IBM support tells me you CAN share WCM data in a cluster, just not
    across different lines of production.

+ Reply to Thread