WP 6.1 - Google Gadgets in PortalWeb2 theme breaks the portalnavigation - Websphere

This is a discussion on WP 6.1 - Google Gadgets in PortalWeb2 theme breaks the portalnavigation - Websphere ; Hello, Is this just me or can anyone else recreate this strange bahavior? Here is the scenario that completely breaks the WP 6.1 UI navigation on my system. 1. Added the Google Gadgets portlet (its WP6.1 version) to a page ...

  1. WP 6.1 - Google Gadgets in PortalWeb2 theme breaks the portalnavigation

    Hello,

    Is this just me or can anyone else recreate this strange bahavior?

    Here is the scenario that completely breaks the WP 6.1 UI navigation on my system.

    1. Added the Google Gadgets portlet (its WP6.1 version) to a page

    2. In the Edit Page Properties changed the Theme to PortalWeb2 theme and clicked OK

    3. In the Google Gadgets portlet clicked Actions. This opened up a portlet toolbar containing

    "Configure", "Personalize", "Edit Shared Settings" and "Delete" items

    4. Clicked the Configure from the portlet's toolbar items.

    5. Clicked Close Actions.

    6. The portlet is reduced to just the skin and clicking on most of the navigation tabs, like Home, Administration, Applications etc. produce javascript errors:

    _38 has no properties message.

    The error details says:

    http://localhost:10040/wps/themes/do.../com/ibmCSA.js

    7. To fix this navigation problem you have to either LogOut (and log back in) on strangely enough click on Edit My Profile

    It works fine in the default Portal theme.

    Not sure whether this is only for Google Gadgets or not, but it definitely looks like a bug.

    Regards,

    Jan

  2. Re: WP 6.1 - Google Gadgets in PortalWeb2 theme breaks the portalnavigation

    So far I can only try it reproduce it with google gadgets, I would open a PMR to have this addressed, it looks like one or the other is conflicting with each other.