HTTP Compression in IBM Webshere v6.1.0.0 using IBM HTTP webserver. - Websphere

This is a discussion on HTTP Compression in IBM Webshere v6.1.0.0 using IBM HTTP webserver. - Websphere ; I am working on application which is developed using Java 5, J2ee, Spring, Struts and hibernate. Development was done on tomcat5.5 and now I have successfully ported this application on IBM Websphere v6.1.0.0. Our page size bandwidth utilization is average ...

  1. HTTP Compression in IBM Webshere v6.1.0.0 using IBM HTTP webserver.

    I am working on application which is developed using Java 5, J2ee, Spring, Struts and hibernate.

    Development was done on tomcat5.5 and now I have successfully ported this application on IBM Websphere v6.1.0.0.

    Our page size bandwidth utilization is average is 50-55kbps. In tomcat I am using compression as follows and bandwidth utilization average became till 10-12kbps

    Tomcat Setting for compression

    compression="on"

    compressionMinSize="2048"

    noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata"

    compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml"

    I need such HTTP compression in Websphere v6.1.0.0 so that we can control bandwidth utilization.

    I have done lot of google search but didn't find relevant setting or configuration using IBM HTTP web server.

    Custom Properties

    add New HTTP transport properties , com.ibm.websphere.webservices.http.requestContentE ncoding

    value is either gzip, x-gzip, and deflate

  2. Re: HTTP Compression in IBM Webshere v6.1.0.0 using IBM HTTP webserver.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/httpse...d_deflate.html

    --
    Eric Covener

+ Reply to Thread