WebSphere 6.1 Cluster Configuration - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere 6.1 Cluster Configuration - Websphere ; I have installed WebSphere 6.1 trial version on linux and trying to configure cluster on a single machine. As per documentation here, http://publib.boulder .ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ ae/ae/rxml_celltemplates.html I am trying to create profile with deployment manager and I come across following issues. ...

  1. WebSphere 6.1 Cluster Configuration

    I have installed WebSphere 6.1 trial version on linux and trying to configure cluster on a single machine.

    As per documentation here,

    http://publib.boulder .ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ ae/ae/rxml_celltemplates.html

    I am trying to create profile with deployment manager and I come across following issues.
    /manageprofiles.sh -create -templatePath /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr -profilePath /apps/ibm/profiles/AppSrv03 -profileName Dmgr001 -cellName Default01Cell -nodeName Default01Node -appServerNodeName server1

    Cannot locate the template: No profile template exists at path /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr.

    INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created. For more information, consult the /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/logs/manageprofiles/Dmgr001_create.log file.

    it reports following exception in log file and indeed there is no templateMetadata.xml exists in dmgr profile template directory and directory itself

    Exception message is: Profile template metadata not found. /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr/templateMetadata.xml

    Can someone tell me, how to acquire templateMetadata.xml or how to resolve this issue ?

    Thank you,

  2. Re: WebSphere 6.1 Cluster Configuration

    jayesh@yagnasys.com wrote:
    > I have installed WebSphere 6.1 trial version on linux and trying to configure cluster on a single machine.
    >

    > As per documentation here,
    >
    > http://publib.boulder .ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ ae/ae/rxml_celltemplates.html
    >

    > I am trying to create profile with deployment manager and I come across following issues.
    > /manageprofiles.sh -create -templatePath /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr -profilePath /apps/ibm/profiles/AppSrv03 -profileName Dmgr001 -cellName Default01Cell -nodeName Default01Node -appServerNodeName server1
    >
    > Cannot locate the template: No profile template exists at path /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr.
    >
    > INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created. For more information, consult the /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/logs/manageprofiles/Dmgr001_create.log file.
    >

    > it reports following exception in log file and indeed there is no templateMetadata.xml exists in dmgr profile template directory and directory itself
    >

    > Exception message is: Profile template metadata not found. /apps/ibm/ibm61/websphere/profileTemplates/cell/dmgr/templateMetadata.xml
    >

    > Can someone tell me, how to acquire templateMetadata.xml or how to resolve this issue ?
    >

    > Thank you,

    Trial version != Network Deployment. You need to get ND in order to
    create a Deployment Manager.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread