com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated - Websphere

This is a discussion on com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated - Websphere ; Hi all, com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager was the class available in WPS 5.1. But it has been deprecated in WPS 6.0. So what is the alternative solution for it?? I want to add the user to the Group using PUMA API. Thanks in ...

  1. com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Hi all,

    com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager was the class available in WPS 5.1. But it has been deprecated in WPS 6.0. So what is the alternative solution for it??

    I want to add the user to the Group using PUMA API.

    Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!

  2. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    yes you need to switch to the PUMA SPI

    please check out the SPI javadocs http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...p6javadoc.html

    specifically com.ibm.portal.um packages

  3. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Actually pumaLocator can be used to add the user to the group. But the problem is that only adminuser can add the user to the group. The authenticated user failed to do that. I can not use pumaAdminHome Interface because of security issues. I tried using runAsSubject approach but that also results into same issue....

    Plz HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Thanks in advance....

  4. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    you would need to give access to the virtual resource user_groups to all authenticated users, that way anyone can add users to a group

  5. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Thank u!!!!! My things are working now....

    I have one more problem. As my user has been added to the new group, I want to give all access rights of new group to the user without relogin. Is it possible???????

  6. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    not in 6.0, in 6.1 there is a dynamic group assertion that can be used, but in 6.0 it will require a relogin

  7. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Can you please give me a piece of code to do dynamic group assertion in WPS 6.1?

    Also explain how my current page can reflect the same..

  8. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    I do not have the code, but this is from this thread

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/fo...6&tstart=0

    In portal 6.1 I wold write a TAI and enable WAS Group assertion in Portal. Then the TAI can drive the Groups available for this user session.

    the problem you currently see is that Portal Accesscontrol has already computed the access rights and does not update its cache if you add the Group. This would be available with the next login of the user

  9. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Thank you Jim

    Information you gave was really helpful.

  10. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Jim, do you know the exact path where to set the property "enable WAS Group assertion" in portal?

  11. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    I do not, you may want to open a PMR on this issue

  12. Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Please change the following config settings at WebSphere Resource Environment Provider

    Add 'accessControlGroupManagement.useWSSubject' with Value=true

    at WP PACGroupManagement resource environment provider

    and add ''store.puma_default.filter.asertionFilter.classna me" with value com.ibm.wps.um.AssertionFilter

    at WP PumaStoreService

    After a server restart the changes are in use

  13. Thumbs up Re: com.ibm.wps.puma.UserManager is deprecated

    Use the followings to add /delete user/group or add a user to group.:
    import com.ibm.portal.um.User;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.Group;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.Principal;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.PumaProfile;///***** to get user profile info
    import com.ibm.portal.um.PumaLocator;///////to add /delete user/group or add a user to group.:
    import com.ibm.portal.um.PumaController;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.portletservice.PumaHome;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.exceptions.PumaException;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.exceptions.PumaModelException;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.exceptions.PumaSystemException;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.exceptions.PumaAttributeExceptio n;
    import com.ibm.portal.um.exceptions.PumaMissingAccessRigh tsException;
    import com.ibm.portal.portlet.service.PortletServiceUnava ilableException;

    final String PUMA_HOME_NAME = "portletservice/com.ibm.portal.um.portletservice.PumaHome";

    javax.naming.Context ctx = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
    PortletServiceHome psh = (PortletServiceHome) ctx.lookup(PUMA_HOME_NAME);

    PumaHome pumaHome = (PumaHome) psh
    .getPortletService(PumaHome.class);
    PumaProfile pp = pumaHome.getProfile(request);

    List attributesNamesList = pp.getDefinedUserAttributeNames();

    Map userInfo = (Map) pp.getAttributes(
    (com.ibm.portal.um.Principal) user,
    attributesNamesList);

    Regards,
    Anadi KUMAR
    Architecture and R2ds, Channels and Framework, Software Engineer | HSBC Technology and Services - Global Technology
    HSBC Software Development (India)Limited
    GLT 4.0 - Panchshil Tech. Park, Block D, S.No. 19, Hissa 2A/11/2, Yerawada, Pune, 411006.
    India.

    Mobile. +91 99822622054
    Email. anadikumar@hsbc.co.in
    Email. anadikumar@gmail.com