retreiving passwords from vmm - Websphere

This is a discussion on retreiving passwords from vmm - Websphere ; Hi, Does anybody know if there is a way to retrieve a user's current password from VMM? For example, a user forgets their password and our web app sends it to them via email. Cheers, Rob...

  1. retreiving passwords from vmm

    Hi,

    Does anybody know if there is a way to retrieve a user's current password from VMM? For example, a user forgets their password and our web app sends it to them via email.

    Cheers,

    Rob

  2. Re: retreiving passwords from vmm

    > Does anybody know if there is a way to retrieve a user's current password
    > from VMM? For example, a user forgets their password and our web app sends
    > it to them via email.

    Security-wise it's preferrable to store a one-way hash and compare hashes
    than real passwords.

    When you've done this and need a "forgot my password" functionality, you
    then implement a "reset my password" functionality and not a "send me my
    current password".

+ Reply to Thread