WebSphere & Windows shares - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere & Windows shares - Websphere ; Hi, If you are running an Application from within WebSphere v6.1 on a Windows standalone machine how should it connect to a Secured Windows share on a machine within the Domain? I have seen others use IIS and then create ...

  1. WebSphere & Windows shares

    Hi,

    If you are running an Application from within WebSphere v6.1 on a
    Windows standalone machine how should it connect to a Secured Windows
    share on a machine within the Domain?

    I have seen others use IIS and then create Virtual Directories but
    this is all a bit messy. There must be an easier way.

    Currently the developers answer to this is to place the machine into
    the Domain and then leave the share unsecured ...... a workaround not
    a solution.

    Thanks,

    Eddie

  2. Re: WebSphere & Windows shares

    > If you are running an Application from within WebSphere v6.1 on a
    > Windows standalone machine how should it connect to a Secured Windows
    > share on a machine within the Domain?

    Not sure if it will, but first idea is to create a Domain User with the same
    name as the user running WebSphere on the standalone and grant it
    permissions on the share ?

    > Currently the developers answer to this is to place the machine into
    > the Domain and then leave the share unsecured ...... a workaround not
    > a solution.

    With "place the machine into the Domain", I suppose you mean it "joined" the
    domain ? If so, why anonymous share then ? Run the WebSphere process with a
    Domain User and set permissions on the share.

+ Reply to Thread