uri.home.protected --> ConfigService.properties - Websphere

This is a discussion on uri.home.protected --> ConfigService.properties - Websphere ; I have a question on ConfigService.properties, There is a property in this file uri.home.protected = /myportal Suppose I change the value as /myportal/filter At the same time, I have filter mapping in web.xml of wps.ear( \config\cells\ \applications\wps.ear\deployments\wps\wps.war\WEB-INF\web.xml ), /myportal/filter/* The ...

  1. uri.home.protected --> ConfigService.properties

    I have a question on ConfigService.properties,

    There is a property in this file

    uri.home.protected = /myportal

    Suppose I change the value as /myportal/filter

    At the same time, I have filter mapping in web.xml of wps.ear( \config\cells\ \applications\wps.ear\deployments\wps\wps.war\WEB-INF\web.xml ),

    /myportal/filter/*

    The point here is, I have other applications running on same machine,

    does it create any harm to other portal application, by changing the value of uri.home.protected?

    You help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: uri.home.protected --> ConfigService.properties

    Well, I would not do this by manually changing the entries. There is a
    config task available. Have a look at this link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../cfg_intr.html

    If you change this value, this could impact other portal applications.
    For example, if those applications run on the same portal server
    installation. After all, you are changing the URI for the protected
    portal servlet.

    Oliver

+ Reply to Thread