WAS SESSION PERSISTENCE - Backedhashtable - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS SESSION PERSISTENCE - Backedhashtable - Websphere ; Hi, I am using was 5.1 clustered in solaris. We are using was session persistence. Our websphere instances uses jdbc pooled connection for session persistence, and other normal DB operations. Every saturday we will stop and take a DB export ...

  1. WAS SESSION PERSISTENCE - Backedhashtable

    Hi,

    I am using was 5.1 clustered in solaris.

    We are using was session persistence.

    Our websphere instances uses jdbc pooled connection for session persistence, and other normal DB operations.

    Every saturday we will stop and take a DB export and after that we will start our oracle database instances .

    After this event we are getting lot of exceptions happening due to session persistence. Session persistence is not happening properly. It is giving lot of error like ejb create.update, read etc.. But when the application server is restarted the application is working fine with session persistence. Can you please help.

    please find a snippet of the exception attached with the message

  2. Re: WAS SESSION PERSISTENCE - Backedhashtable

    placement_civil@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I am using was 5.1 clustered in solaris.
    >
    > We are using was session persistence.
    >

    > Our websphere instances uses jdbc pooled connection for session persistence, and other normal DB operations.
    >
    > Every saturday we will stop and take a DB export and after that we will start our oracle database instances .
    >
    > After this event we are getting lot of exceptions happening due to session persistence. Session persistence is not happening properly. It is giving lot of error like ejb create.update, read etc.. But when the application server is restarted the application is working fine with session persistence. Can you please help.
    >

    > please find a snippet of the exception attached with the message

    You'll need to stop your appservers while your db is down.

    It's typical to create a separate db instance for the session database,
    because it never needs backed up, and thus never needs to go offline.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread