Portal 6.1 + WAS 6.1 with EJB3 Feature Pack ?? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal 6.1 + WAS 6.1 with EJB3 Feature Pack ?? - Websphere ; Hi, I need to use EJB3 with Portal 6.1, so I installed the feature pack for WAS 6.1 in the Application Server where Portal is running. The problem is that i can't "augment" the profile (wp_profile) to use the new ...

  1. Portal 6.1 + WAS 6.1 with EJB3 Feature Pack ??

    Hi,

    I need to use EJB3 with Portal 6.1, so I installed the feature pack for WAS 6.1 in the Application Server where Portal is running.

    The problem is that i can't "augment" the profile (wp_profile) to use the new features.

    I was wandering if it is possible to set up a system with that configuration.

    If not, is there any workaround ?

    Thanks.

    ps: running linux x86_64

  2. Re: Portal 6.1 + WAS 6.1 with EJB3 Feature Pack ??

    Well, I finally got it:

    As 64-bit arquitecture does not have access to the really-easy profile manager wizard, I had to augment the profile from prompt.

    The problem was that I misunderstood the type of profile I was trying to augment.

    With all default paths, the -working- command looks like this:

    /opt/IBM/AppServer/manageprofiles.sh -augment -profileName wp_profile -profilePath /opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/ -templatePath /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profileTemplates/EJB3/default.ejb3fep

    Mi mistake was using "dmgr.ejb3fep" instead of "default.ejb3fep" as template.

    I hope it is useful for somebody else.

+ Reply to Thread