WAS 6.1 authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 authentication - Websphere ; We are in the process of coming up with a security design for use in WAS 6.1 environment. We have decided to use TAMeB 6.1 as SSO in a hetrogeneous environment (including .Net servers) is a key requirement. Authentication - ...

  1. WAS 6.1 authentication

    We are in the process of coming up with a security design for use in
    WAS 6.1 environment. We have decided to use TAMeB 6.1 as SSO in a
    hetrogeneous environment (including .Net servers) is a key
    requirement.

    Authentication - We have to use Active Directory as the user registry
    and as part of
    the authentication, in addition to the standard user id/password
    check, we have to perform custom checks like IP address based checks.

    Q- Is EAI the only option in such a case, or is there
    another way to do it?

    Authorization - We have our current authorization that is based on
    tables defined in
    Oracle, containing details about users, groups, roles etc., which we
    plan to
    reuse as is.
    Q- What are the options available in this case? One of the things that
    I found out was to use the External authorization interface but there
    is little documentation around it's Java based implementation. Any
    pointers would be highly appreciated.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 authentication

    On Jul 23, 8:46 am, Jitin wrote:
    > We are in the process of coming up with a security design for use in
    > WAS 6.1 environment. We have decided to use TAMeB 6.1 as SSO in a
    > hetrogeneous environment (including .Net servers) is a key
    > requirement.
    >
    > Authentication - We have to use Active Directory as the user registry
    > and as part of
    > the authentication, in addition to the standard user id/password
    > check, we have to perform custom checks like IP address based checks.
    >
    > Q- Is EAI the only option in such a case, or is there
    > another way to do it?
    >
    > Authorization - We have our current authorization that is based on
    > tables defined in
    > Oracle, containing details about users, groups, roles etc., which we
    > plan to
    > reuse as is.
    > Q- What are the options available in this case? One of the things that
    > I found out was to use the External authorization interface but there
    > is little documentation around it's Java based implementation. Any
    > pointers would be highly appreciated.

    Is there anyone with similar experience who would like to provide an
    insight to the proposed approach I have highlighted.

  3. Re: WAS 6.1 authentication

    On Jul 23, 5:06 pm, Jitin wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 8:46 am, Jitin wrote:
    >

    > > We are in the process of coming up with a security design for use in
    > > WAS 6.1 environment. We have decided to use TAMeB 6.1 as SSO in a
    > > hetrogeneous environment (including .Net servers) is a key
    > > requirement.

    > > Authentication - We have to use Active Directory as the user registry
    > > and as part of
    > > the authentication, in addition to the standard user id/password
    > > check, we have to perform custom checks like IP address based checks.

    > > Q- Is EAI the only option in such a case, or is there
    > > another way to do it?

    > > Authorization - We have our current authorization that is based on
    > > tables defined in
    > > Oracle, containing details about users, groups, roles etc., which we
    > > plan to
    > > reuse as is.
    > > Q- What are the options available in this case? One of the things that
    > > I found out was to use the External authorization interface but there
    > > is little documentation around it's Java based implementation. Any
    > > pointers would be highly appreciated.

    > Is there anyone with similar experience who would like to provide an
    > insight to the proposed approach I have highlighted.

    Please anyone with a similar requirement, kindly comment. I am looking
    for options before I finalize on the design.

  4. Re: WAS 6.1 authentication

    On Jul 28, 12:07*pm, Jitin wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 5:06 pm, Jitin wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 23, 8:46 am, Jitin wrote:

    > > > We are in the process of coming up with a security design for use in
    > > > WAS 6.1 environment. We have decided to use TAMeB 6.1 as SSO in a
    > > > hetrogeneous environment (including .Net servers) is a key
    > > > requirement.

    > > > Authentication - We have to use Active Directory as the user registry
    > > > and as part of
    > > > the authentication, in addition to the standard user id/password
    > > > check, we have to perform custom checks like IP address based checks.

    > > > Q- Is EAI the only option in such a case, or is there
    > > > another way to do it?

    > > > Authorization - We have our current authorization that is based on
    > > > tables defined in
    > > > Oracle, containing details about users, groups, roles etc., which we
    > > > plan to
    > > > reuse as is.
    > > > Q- What are the options available in this case? One of the things that
    > > > I found out was to use the External authorization interface but there
    > > > is little documentation around it's Java based implementation. Any
    > > > pointers would be highly appreciated.

    > > Is there anyone with similar experience who would like to provide an
    > > insight to the proposed approach I have highlighted.

    > Please anyone with a similar requirement, kindly comment. I am looking
    > for options before I finalize on the design.- Hide quoted text -

    Please check this link

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ti...rary/t-tamtai/

+ Reply to Thread