read parameter from url in webspher portal - Websphere

This is a discussion on read parameter from url in webspher portal - Websphere ; Hi, In my project we had a FORTE system and Portlet and the FORTE system will invoke the portlet through url. I create a logical name for the portlet page.Which i can do through portal admin there will be url ...

  1. read parameter from url in webspher portal

    Hi,

    In my project we had a FORTE system and Portlet and the FORTE system will invoke the portlet through url.

    I create a logical name for the portlet page.Which i can do through portal admin there will be url mapping

    from there i created the logical name for my portlet page.So now i can access my portlet page directly by calling

    that url https://dssd1234:10031/wps/myportal/Reg . So i provide this url to the FORTE guys.They will call this

    url from FORTE system so that they can access the Portlet.So along with url they will send some input

    parameters like https://dssd1234:10031/wps/myportal/...29080058.Which i need to get the id value when the

    page loads using preRender.When the page loads iam calling a managed bean method using preRender attribute in hx:Scriptcollector.

    SO when the page loads in the method i need get the input parameters id and depending upon the id value

    i should hit back end and fetch values and display the values in the front end.

    My code in managed bean to get id,iam getting id as null.

    FacesContext fc = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();

    PortletRequest ac = (PortletRequest)fc.getExternalContext().getRequest ();

    String id = ac.getParameter("id");

    Thanks

  2. Re: read parameter from url in webspher portal

    the problem is JSR portlets do not receive the values from the url like that.

    You have several options

    In your theme store them and then retrieve them like this

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...02_hepper.html

    or you can write a servlet filter that does something similar

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...0707_lynn.html

  3. Re: read parameter from url in webspher portal

    Hi Jim,

    Thank you the immediate response. I had implemented that code using filters. But iam

    confused in my managed bean which method i need to call to get the parameters.First i

    configured in the dynacashe in the portal server after that i created filter class and

    then i deployed the jar in the specified location and then iam confused where to write

    that portlet code.And when my page loads iam calling preRender attribue in hx:scriptcollector

    which will call my managed bean method.And in the managed bean what code should i write to

    fetch the parameters.PLease help me out in this issue.

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread