Deploy application with JSSE (WebSphere 5.1) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deploy application with JSSE (WebSphere 5.1) - Websphere ; Hi, We have a new requirement from one of our clients who needs to connect to a SMS broker through SSL/HTTPS, the application is written using Java 1.3 so JSSE is not available on that JVM. WebSphere 5.1 is being ...

  1. Deploy application with JSSE (WebSphere 5.1)

    Hi,

    We have a new requirement from one of our clients who needs to connect to a SMS broker through SSL/HTTPS, the application is written using Java 1.3 so JSSE is not available on that JVM. WebSphere 5.1 is being used.

    In order to support SSL/HTTPS I needed to add the following jar files:

    jnet.jar;
    jsse.jar;
    jcert.jar;

    I created a new stand-alone console application to make sure HTTPS connections work using this approach (on java 1.3). Everything worked fine (I am not able to test it on WebSphere, so the sample application was a simple CONSOLE app).

    The question is, with WebSphere I also have to install those 3 jars on jre/lib/ext ?? Or should I install it somewhere else, maybe in the application's EAR file??

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Regards

  2. Re: Deploy application with JSSE (WebSphere 5.1)

    Should I distribute the JSSE's jars in the EAR??

  3. Re: Deploy application with JSSE (WebSphere 5.1)

    JSSE is standard in JDK 1.4, which is what runs with WebSphere 5.1.

    So you already have an implementation of JSSE and shouldn't need to redeploy
    one.

+ Reply to Thread