Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin - Websphere ; Tried following urls 1) Direct to application server: http://localhost:9080/cookie it returns index page of the cookie application hosted on WAS. WAS is also listening on 9080 port. 2) To Apache proxy server: http://localhost:9090/cookie It returns 404 . 9090 is port ...

  1. Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin

    Tried following urls

    1) Direct to application server: http://localhost:9080/cookie it returns index page of the cookie application hosted on WAS. WAS is also listening on 9080 port.

    2) To Apache proxy server: http://localhost:9090/cookie It returns 404 . 9090 is port where apache is listening. http://localhost:9090 returns apache index page as expected.

    Thank you,

  2. Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin

    You need to add port 9090 to your default_host virtual host in WAS, regenerate the plugin, copy it to your Apache box.

    Ken

  3. Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin

    Thank you for help, it resolved issue.

    Having my most middleware experience with WebLgoic, I find strange that proxy-plugin needs to know listen port of the web server. It means that change in listen port of the webserver will trigger an update application server configuration and restart of the application server.

  4. Re: WebSphere 6.1 routing request through proxy plugin

    patel_jayesh_j@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Thank you for help, it resolved issue.
    >

    > Having my most middleware experience with WebLgoic, I find strange that proxy-plugin needs to know listen port of the web server. It means that change in listen port of the webserver will trigger an update application server configuration and restart of the application server.

    It also requires changes to every client that uses this web application.
    Yup.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread