how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue? - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue? - Websphere ; Hello all, I have MQ Server V6.0 on my windows 2003 server. I need to have a trigger on the MQ server so that I will launch an application once a message has arrived in the queue. let's say the ...

  1. how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue?

    Hello all,

    I have MQ Server V6.0 on my windows 2003 server. I need to have a trigger on the MQ server so that I will launch an application once a message has arrived in the queue. let's say the application i need to launch is a simple "hello world" console application.

    I believe it's possible to do this with MQ. Please give me some ideas.

    Thanks in advance,

    mrpc_cambodia

  2. Re: how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue?

    Very easy to do this. It's a standard feature of MQ. See the MQ manual on
    Triggering at
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/fg13830_.htm

    --
    Carl

  3. Re: how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue?

    Hi,

    Yes it is possible to automatically start an application in MQ when U receive a message on the Q.

    This is what you need to do (I assume that you have all the required objects (QMgrs,Q, channels etc)

    --Define the initiation Q

    Def QL(init_q)

    --Define the Proces (Which will specify the app to be started)

    DEF PROCESS(Pr_Name) APPLTYPE(Windows/Unix) APPLICID(PATH AND name_of_the_application_to_start)

    --Alter the Q for Triggering to take place

    Alter QL(Q_Name) TRIGGER TRIGTYPE(CHOOSE BTWN First/Every/Depth) PROCESS(Pr_Name)INITQ(init_q) TRIGDATA(Channel_Name) for automatically starting the channel)

    Ensure that the QMgr,Listener and channels(if_do_exist) are running

  4. Re: how to launch an application once a message arrive in a queue?

    Don't forget that you will also need to have a trigger monitor running against the initiation queue. Both the trigger monitor and process will need to be local to the box where the applciation is supposed to run.

    Check the manuals about triggering, all the steps should be laid out.

+ Reply to Thread