PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume - Websphere

This is a discussion on PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume - Websphere ; Hi, I found this fix in the WebSphere 6.1 support http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvi ew.wss?uid=swg24019507&rs=0&cs=utf-8&context=SSEQTP&dc=D400&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc =US In this article, it states the embedded SQLServer JDBC™ driver, versions 3.6 and 3.7 will cause an exception. However, how do I know the version of the ...

  1. PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    Hi,

    I found this fix in the WebSphere 6.1 support

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvi ew.wss?uid=swg24019507&rs=0&cs=utf-8&context=SSEQTP&dc=D400&loc=en_US&lang=en&cc =US

    In this article, it states the embedded SQLServer JDBC™ driver, versions 3.6 and 3.7 will cause an exception.

    However, how do I know the version of the embedded SQLServer JDBC driver in

    the WebSphere 6.1?

    I tried to check the sqlserver.jar and even class files from the jar, there are no

    versions to be checked.

    Does anyone know how to identify the JDBC driver version?

    Thanks,

    Raymond

  2. Re: PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    Isn't there a line in SystemOut.log ?

    At least, there is one when the Oracle JDBC driver is being initialized by a
    DataSource.

    If not, you can write a few lines of JSP to query the meta data (and place
    the page directly in the application):
    *
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...l#getMetaData()
    *
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/...DriverVersion()

    (remove undue %20 if web forum added some)

  3. Re: PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    JDBC Driver version ..is displayed in the SystemOut.log when ..u are
    starting the server ...Just check it out..

    even when u do the test connection for data source ..it shud come in
    the systemOut.log ...

    u can also grep for JDBC Driver in SystemOut.log ..

    Ah , I have told u 3 alternatives.

  4. Re: PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    Raymond, the wording on this apar is misleading. You will ONLY hit this exception if your application code is trying to manage transactions within a stored procedure, which is something that was never supported. ConnectJDBC version 3.5 tolerated this, but versions 3.6 and 3.7 were redesigned for better performance, which caused transaction control in the stored proc to throw this exception.

    This apar will never become 'source'. The only intent here is to allow you to back level your driver while you fix your application.

    Do not back level your driver unnecessarily.

  5. Re: PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    Hi Paul,

    As many of our web apps will be moved from WAS 5.1 to 6.1 platforms and our apps all use stored procedures instead of embedded SQLs when working with SQL Server databases. I think many of the stored procedures will have their own transaction control within the procedures and almost impossible to remove these from the procedures. Do you think the new JDBC drivers produce the exception stated in APAR?

    I have done a simple testing with a stored procedure with a insert statement with "begin tran" and "commit" actions, no exception raised for this testing. I am really curious under what conditions this exception can be produced?

    Thanks,

    Raymond

  6. Re: PK64012; SQLServer SQLException: the server failed to resume

    Anyone has idea to share with me?

    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread