After processAction, doView is not called! - Websphere

This is a discussion on After processAction, doView is not called! - Websphere ; Hi again! Suppose we have a form inside a portlet has been submitted. Eventually, the processAction of that portlet is called. Right? And after that, the render method, who calls doView|doEdit|doHelp. In my case, only doView (my portlet does not ...

  1. After processAction, doView is not called!

    Hi again!

    Suppose we have a form inside a portlet has been submitted. Eventually, the processAction of that portlet is called. Right? And after that, the render method, who calls doView|doEdit|doHelp. In my case, only doView (my portlet does not change mode).

    Well... logging, I see that the execution of the processAction goes as expected, till the very last line of code, as:

    log.log("Hello!");

    } //ProcessAction End

    The problem is that, i don't know why, the doView method that should be called after this, is not. Summarizing, I get a glorious red indication "Portlet not available" in the portlet window.

    Which could be the reasons for this to happen? I really don't undertand...

    Thanks in advance...

    Message was edited by: Syaoran

  2. Re: After processAction, doView is not called!

    is this a struts or a jsf portlet?

    are you doing any kind of send redirect in the process action?

  3. Re: After processAction, doView is not called!

    Is neither a struts nor a jsf portlet. It also simply extends from GenericPortlet.

    And no, ther is no sendRedirect used...

  4. Re: After processAction, doView is not called!

    is caching enabled? what all does the portlet do?