cannot stop the server - Websphere

This is a discussion on cannot stop the server - Websphere ; hi i integrated LDAP with the portal server. in the process, before i disable the security, i executed the WPSconfig.bat validate-wmmur-ldap command. though the buid failed, i couldn't start the server. Then i replaced all the modified files in the ...

  1. cannot stop the server

    hi

    i integrated LDAP with the portal server. in the process, before i disable the security, i executed the WPSconfig.bat validate-wmmur-ldap command. though the buid failed, i couldn't start the server. Then i replaced all the modified files in the portal server and wp_profile folders and i could start the server saying "Server WebSphere_Portal open for e-business, problems occurred during startup". But when i try to stop the server it says "The server "WebSphere_Portal" cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped."

    Following is the exception thrown:

    6/30/08 12:40:44:344 IST 0000000a ManagerAdmin I TRAS0017I: The startup trace state is *=info.

    6/30/08 12:40:44:563 IST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the wp_profile profile

    6/30/08 12:40:44:563 IST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: WebSphere_Portal

    6/30/08 12:41:30:023 IST 0000000a WsServerStop E ADMU3002E: Exception attempting to process server WebSphere_Portal

    6/30/08 12:41:30:023 IST 0000000a WsServerStop E ADMU3007E: Exception com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorEx ception: ADMC0053E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host PC036118.cts.com at port 10033 with SOAP connector security enabled.

    6/30/08 12:41:30:023 IST 0000000a WsServerStop A ADMU3007E: Exception com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorEx ception: ADMC0053E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host PC036118.cts.com at port 10033 with SOAP connector security enabled.

    at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.cr eateAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:405)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.LaunchUtils.getAdminCl ient(LaunchUtils.java:376)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.LaunchUtils.getAdminCl ient(LaunchUtils.java:316)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.runTool(W sServerStop.java:296)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.AdminTool.executeUtili ty(AdminTool.java:226)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerController.exe cuteUtilityOnWindows(WsServerController.java:131)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.tools.WsServerStop.main(WsSe rverStop.java:104)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:85)

    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:58)

    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)

    at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.run(WSLauncher.jav a:219)

    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:570)

    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce0(Native Method)

    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInsta nce(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)

    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newI nstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)

    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Construc tor.java:315)

    at com.ibm.websphere.management.AdminClientFactory.cr eateAdminClient(AdminClientFactory.java:296)

    ... 13 more

    Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNo tAvailableException: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNo tAvailableException: Failed to get a connection with IP address associated with hostname PC036118.cts.com

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:293)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client. (SOAPConnectorClient.java:188)

    ... 18 more

    Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNo tAvailableException: Failed to get a connection with IP address associated with hostname PC036118.cts.com

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.getUrl(SOAPConnectorClient.java:994)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.access$200(SOAPConnectorClient.java:94)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client$2.run(SOAPConnectorClient.java:264)

    at com.ibm.ws.security.util.AccessController.doPrivil eged(AccessController.java:118)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.reconnect(SOAPConnectorClient.java:257)

    ... 19 more

    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address

    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl .java:354)

    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSoc ketImpl.java:219)

    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:206)

    at java.net.Socket. (Socket.java:340)

    at java.net.Socket. (Socket.java:180)

    at com.ibm.ws.management.connector.soap.SOAPConnector Client.getUrl(SOAPConnectorClient.java:973)

    ... 23 more

    6/30/08 12:41:30:055 IST 0000000a AdminTool A ADMU0509I: The server "WebSphere_Portal" cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped.

  2. Re: cannot stop the server

    go to windows Task Manager, then click on Processes tab & kill all the Java.exe process so that the websphere portal server will be stoped.

  3. Re: cannot stop the server

    thanks.. i did that. is there any way to solve the issue? i.e to resolve the exception?

  4. Re: cannot stop the server

    I am a little bit confused. Did enabled the security with LDAP? Or you
    were trying to integrated and it fail?
    If it failed in the process and did not roll back to the initial
    state, you will have to disable security manually in the server.xml
    file and then try to restart the portal.
    If everything goes well, you will have to try again to enable security
    with LDAP by ensuring that validate-wmmur-ldap run successfully first.
    Let me know,
    Gabriel

    On Jul 3, 9:33*am, aart...@gmail.com wrote:
    > thanks.. i did that. is there any way to solve the issue? i.e to resolve the exception?

+ Reply to Thread