ND 6.1 Cluster Data Source and authentication data - Websphere

This is a discussion on ND 6.1 Cluster Data Source and authentication data - Websphere ; Hello, what is the proper way to create a Data Source and authentication data in a WebSphere Network Deployment 6.1 cluster such that both the Data Source and authentication data are available to all nodes in the cluster? I don't ...

  1. ND 6.1 Cluster Data Source and authentication data

    Hello, what is the proper way to create a Data Source and authentication data in a WebSphere Network Deployment 6.1 cluster such that both the Data Source and authentication data are available to all nodes in the cluster? I don't want to have to maintain these settings separately on each node, but my connection test is failing when I configure things the way I think they need to be configured.

    While logged into the Deployment Manager's admin console, I've created both a data source and authentication data at the Deployment Manager level, and when I test the connection I get "The test connection operation for data source {datasource name appears here} on server dmgr at node {deployment manager's node name} was successful."

    Does this mean that all nodes in the cluster will always be able to "see" this data source and authentication alias? Or since these are both defined at the deployment manager level, does this mean that they'll only be available to applications when the deployment manager itself is running? Is there some other level at which these should be defined?

    Thanks in advance for any guidance.

    Dale

  2. Re: ND 6.1 Cluster Data Source and authentication data

    I would recommend creating the Data Source at the "Cluster" scope.

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    dalemor@us.ibm.com wrote:
    > Hello, what is the proper way to create a Data Source and authentication data in a WebSphere Network Deployment 6.1 cluster such that both the Data Source and authentication data are available to all nodes in the cluster? I don't want to have to maintain these settings separately on each node, but my connection test is failing when I configure things the way I think they need to be configured.
    >

    > While logged into the Deployment Manager's admin console, I've created both a data source and authentication data at the Deployment Manager level, and when I test the connection I get "The test connection operation for data source {datasource name appears here} on server dmgr at node {deployment manager's node name} was successful."
    >

    > Does this mean that all nodes in the cluster will always be able to "see" this data source and authentication alias? Or since these are both defined at the deployment manager level, does this mean that they'll only be available to applications when the deployment manager itself is running? Is there some other level at which these should be defined?
    >

    > Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    >

    > Dale

+ Reply to Thread