how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fix design - Websphere

This is a discussion on how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fix design - Websphere ; Hello, I use a fix width for my site but when i display the FlyOut with the portlets, it appears differently, depending on the size and resolution of my navigator. If this size is under 1000 it appears "normally" (a ...

  1. how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fix design

    Hello,

    I use a fix width for my site but when i display the FlyOut with the portlets, it appears differently, depending on the size and resolution of my navigator.

    If this size is under 1000 it appears "normally" (a little bit more on the left that i would like too, but it doesn't really matter).

    Otherwise, the FlyOut is cut and a scrollbar appears in the navigator, but using the scrollbar, the flyout is unreachable because, i think, it recalculates the position when using the scrollbar. Then, it stays cut and make this flyout unusable.

    Any help will be very useful to me

    Florent

  2. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    Yeah I recreated this, I would say you would need to change how the flyout works. the flyout.js has the script for this so I would take a look there

  3. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    i'm currently viewing this file but it's really hard to know what to change ! If you know what are the variables (var) concerned in the left positioning, it would be helpful to me. The artichecture is a little bit complicated in WPS

    Thanks for answering me

  4. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    well I have not played with this too much but I would look here

    wpsFLY_minFlyout=0;var wpsFLY_move=25;if (wpsFLY_isIE)

    wpsFLY_move=20;var wpsFLY_scrollSpeed=1;var wpsFLY_timeoutID=1;var wpsFLY_fromTop=100;var wpsFLY_leftResize;var wpsFLY_browserDimensions=new

    in the whitepaper I went over how I changed the speed of the flyout, that will give more on the interaction of the various files to affect the flyout

    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...0&S_CMP=LP

  5. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    Do I have to save any particular file when changing the js file ? So as I should do with the files styles.jsp and default.jsp.

  6. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    touch js.jsp as well as default.jsp

  7. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    thank you (although I don't find what I'm looking for. When I'll find, I'll tell you what to do... if I find one day...)

  8. Re: how to change the position of the FlyOut while using a fixdesign

    So,

    I've found the key thing and have made something not very "beautiful". The key function seems to be the "setLeft" function which decides at what position from the left of the body, the flyout is displayed. I've put a fix value, and changed some of the other code.

    You can make a better work by examining where this function is called, why and how, but I've chosen the easy way.

    I hope my problem will be helpful for some wps developers.

    If I find other things, I'll maybe post them here.

    ++ and thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread